• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Last weekend, Ben Franklin, and his twin brother Ben Franklin, helped me hang some new stuff on my XJ.
picture.php

This past weekend, I needed only one Franklin to get the job done.

picture.php
picture.php

Hopefully the Jeep will stop trying to change lanes at random times.

Ben should buy you better picture formatting, Mike. Pics no worky.

your quoting it didn't fix it, DJ. Even the links don't have pics...

weird. If I click on the links DJ posted in the quote, I get a black screen with a tiny little white dot in the middle.

shh. its listening too.

OK- I can see them there, but still not in the original post... shenanigans indeed!

OK- I can see them there, but still not in the original post... shenanigans indeed!
Although I still get some of this action, where an old pic still lingers in the posts of other people. Can't get enough of looking at Fred's shocks.
cbba9594b1e1377beadf267f6ce541f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LOL, now that is weird.

That is Kittrell level work, I approve.

:D

Holy cow dude, trying to make the XJ a quite ride on the highway?

Yep, this will be my DD. This will be my long distance wheeling (Ouray/Moab), camping, etc. rig.

I had to strip the interior anyhow for floor repairs, so I wanted to do this as well.

It wasn't cheap, but it should be well worth it. The change from just the CLD tiles was significant, reducing many area from a hollow clunk, to a solid thud.

This was also practice for the real thing, my 7.3L F-350 :laugh:

More pictures were posted in my build thread.

Now the 7.3 makes sense. I need to do the same thing to my truck. I’m looking to do a few upgrades to it this summer. Mostly just peace of mind stuff to make sure it’ll be G2G for a long time and get it ready for more frequent towing.

Yeah, I like my 7.3L (though it's been pissing me off lately), but it's farkin' loud.

After doing the XJ, I think the interior of the truck would be a breeze comparatively.

I have a whole 05+ dash and door panels that have been waiting a few years to go in, just not high up on the priority list right now.

For the truck, I *might* double up on the deadening in areas. I'd be getting new carpet with padding as well when I do it.

Back