• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

What were your pre-project current draws? Something feels fishy about that... not sure what. The OE fuses may have been sized to protect the wire, not the load.

Screwed up and did not take the pre measurements. Perhaps someone else could chime in?

My bad entirely.

I can understand why Chryco fused each circuit. Makes sense given the low operating voltages.

Just for fun, I checked to see how my '98 ZJ is wired. It has a single 15 Amp fuse and a single 30 Amp fuse associated with the headlights. I also looked at the prints for a '93 ZJ which, although different, does share the single fuse per beam.

Near as I can tell, only the XJ has individual fusing per filament...

Finally did the rear main seal. Much easier the second time around, just an afternoon, including a parts run to Advance Auto, since I fubared the upper seal the first time I tried to install it. :)

It Lives! BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And it runs like a top.

Now I get to spend the long weekend cutting fenders, installing bumpers, armor, shocks, brakes, stereo, header panel - you know, the fun stuff. I'm stoked. Thanks Flores! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. Flores and his Minion helped out a ton.

It Lives! BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And it runs like a top.

Now I get to spend the long weekend cutting fenders, installing bumpers, armor, shocks, brakes, stereo, header panel - you know, the fun stuff. I'm stoked. Thanks Flores! :D

Thats a hell of a grocery getter u got there Jim

I'm pretty sure they're explorer procomp's. They're not real beadlocks, just a cheaper set of aluminum wheels. I needed 16's for the brand new KM2's I had left over from the XJ.

Well they look awesome.

Jim. Look at method race wheels. Soooooo pretty. Want some for the Titan but if I get a work truck I'll likely be selling the T so no point.

Is one of your shifts at Boostworks? You need to use my LJ as a test vehicle for a turbo. It would be great rolling advertising for you. ;)

F**k TransAmerica Corp. Its build day and even though I ordered stuff A MONTH AGO you still couldn't manage to ship my rear shocks and shackles.Now I get to use my old, worn out shocks and old shackles until you can some how get my new parts to me--jackasses.:flamemad::flamemad:

Ya that always sucks. And the vendors have to suffer cuz people don't realize how it works. That's crappy deal man.

Back