• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted - winch-pull assist (Springs - Black Forest)

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I have some driveway work about to get done and need to get one of my pieces of yard art out of the trees this weekend - Stomper. It is not running, has a couple of flats (I can likely get them aired up), and is somewhat "silted in" in my trees just off my driveway. Pull will be up a pretty steep hill (winch) and then maybe around my house to try and park it in back (where someday I will resuscitate it...).

I don't think my light-1/2 Dakota will budge this beast. Anybody got a little time this weekend? I will of course compensate you with food and drink!:shhh:

I can probably come down on Sunday and help, I don't have a winch on my truck though. I should be able to bring a trailer though.

BTW, that's a good looking flat bed on that truck. :D

It is, isn't it. I don't know how we get it out without a winch, Dutch, don't want to waste your time!

Why not just use a strap? If I came out with the truck and good sized strap, couldn't it just be towed out of it's hole and up around the house?

Maybe - it is a 6k lb beast, and the driveway has buried the downhill wheels a bit. Its so dry it won't make any massive sucking sounds (unlike Ross Perot), but it may be a beotch to get moving.

Dude, I'll be bringing a 2500........ CUMMINS. It'll pull. Gots nice chunky Duratracs too.

Just say the word.

and the day and time. :D

Sunday, AM? Whatcha want me to feed ya?

Since its a "family" affair, it will probably work. ;)

Sunday's are tough as I gotta work that night. Friday early evening or anytime Saturday is better.

Saturday late afternoon? I have pieces to move around... I have a buddy storing a '53 F-100 in my loafing shed that he is moving Saturday, gotta move the pop-up into that slot, move the MJ trailer to make room for the Stomper, etc... plus I'm supposed to be doing volunteer landscape labor in Palmer Lake.

3pm Sat?

Sounds doable. :thumbup:

you da man -- Dutch, you're welcome to join us, I'll still buy you a beer! :cheers:

I've got a F-250 with a real diesel in it (7.3L PSD) so between it and Troy's Cummins I'm sure we can finagle it out of there. I'll bring my strap too.

3pm you say?

si senor

See you guys there. Just have the PBR ready. I can bring some brauts down with me if we want to make an impromptu BBQ out of it.

I will gladly apply heat to said brats!

What ever happened to using a shovel?

Shovel isn't going to help get the non-running pig up the hill though.

Back