• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

subs in xjs

A long time ago I was running a treo 18" pushed by a 1200watt JBL, in a crappy homemade box that leaked it hit 148, finally got a nice box for it but never took it to be measured. Now it just sits in storage collecting dust and I replaced it with just 4 6x9s. It might not have been the loudest but it would rattle you deep down inside all nice like :D

jeepstereo001.jpg

jeepstereo004.jpg

jeepstereo002.jpg

smaller.jpg

Iwish i had more/better pics. i have a poweraccoustik 4 ch amp. 100 watts per channel. an interfire running 1000 watts rms, 5.0 farad cap.

It was real loud. set off car alarms all the time. one bank alarm. the headlights were useless at nightwhen it was cranked. but it sounded awsome!

had 13 year old 10"MTX blues and a 7 year old Planet Audio amp well matched to a home built box until two winters ago when the dreaded leaky XJ plague hit hard. Had to dismantle it last summer.

the old sub/storage box, rip
spkr_strg_bx_rip1.jpg

measured the cargo area today for a new design to throw that stuff into but I've got some leaks to plug. I'm thinking birch ply this time and all outer surfaces weather sealed...

Anyone got some pics of a clean installed amp w/ 1 or 2 subs.... i want to have some space as well... clean install is a must.... i'm thinking of thise now...

chrslefty said:
xjbue :Do you have any old pics of that box when it was mounted in you XJ ? were thoes downward firing ?

I'll have to look for pics, yes they were down firing, one inch slot port across the box in front (barely visible in pic) bass "right in your lap" . Most suprising to me was with the engine running and windows up I had stealth mode at pretty decent volume, you couldn't tell I had subs at all from outside the vehicle but it was a different world inside, fun stuff.

xjblue said:
I'll have to look for pics, yes they were down firing, one inch slot port across the box in front (barely visible in pic) bass "right in your lap" . Most suprising to me was with the engine running and windows up I had stealth mode at pretty decent volume, you couldn't tell I had subs at all from outside the vehicle but it was a different world inside, fun stuff.

I'd like to see some pics of that too. The jeep was broken into 5 times in the last two years. I need stealth!

well I will get some pics up of my setup tonight, I am running a zr1000 and two zr240s. I have one kicker 10"l7 facing rear in an enclosure I made, it gets around 1200 watts from the zr1000. The two zr240s are running polk audio 5.25s in the doors and rear sound bar. not to mention the extra yellow top or two 1 farad caps also in rear.I was trying to get more in here but was using to much space as it is.

lazarus said:
well I will get some pics up of my setup tonight, I am running a zr1000 and two zr240s. I have one kicker 10"l7 facing rear in an enclosure I made, it gets around 1200 watts from the zr1000. The two zr240s are running polk audio 5.25s in the doors and rear sound bar. not to mention the extra yellow top or two 1 farad caps also in rear.I was trying to get more in here but was using to much space as it is.
He he those old ZR's kick ass. I got a ZR-360 pushing two Solo Baric 10's in a sealed box. People still go "WHAT" when I tell them there only tens. I would like to upgraid to a SL7 12 though. Them fawkers will rattle your teeth in a small ported box.

2065986_24_full.jpg

I'm running 2 12" Audiobahn 1206T subs in a ported box run by 2 Sony Xplod amps. Pushing about 1000 watts RMS. Getting tired of the lack of space so building a custom enclosure to gain back my trunk.

i miss my system. 3 10" polk momo's ran by a 1000w X 1@1ohm. memphis 5.25" in pillar, memphis 5x7" in front doors ran by DHD700x4. hooked to an 11 band alpin EQ all through an alpine cda-9851(2005) head unit. hit 141.5 in a sealed box. and after i made my ported box it hit 148.7db's.

jspics003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

this is the sealed box:
HPIM1606.jpg

lazarus said:
DSCN1511.jpg
[/quote]

Thats one ten? While I don't know the recomended box volume for the SL-7's that thing is huge for any Solo Baric I have ever seen. From what I have always understood the SL-7' liked small boxes. That thing looks big enough to run two SL-7 15"s. My box is a third of that size (of corse I have the old round Solo Barics), and any demo boxes I heve seen one SL-7 12" in has been smaller than mine.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/scoobyxj/DSCF1392.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

Just this morning I installed a nice little sub-box with two old MDX 8's. I bridged them together which seemed to help. I would post pics but my wife's in Europe with the camera. I didn't go all fo-shizzle like some of you guys. My head's cheap and small, and I only used a 300w 2-channel amp, so I'm getting about 120w bridged. The speakers are rated at 400w. I'll put up a pic when she gets back...

scoobyxj said:
Thats one ten? While I don't know the recomended box volume for the SL-7's that thing is huge for any Solo Baric I have ever seen.

you are correct, The enclosure looks huge, but the area of box is actully just a little over 1.3 cu feet. the box is hollow from the front just behind the seat, I have the yellow top/cd changer/sirius tuner/oba and recovery equipment in there, using it as a storage place kept things clean and out of sight. will get a few pics of it up soon.

Back