• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

subs in xjs

Simple... Find station, decide what number you want that channel to be on and press and hold that number it should flash or something stating it worked, Ou should only need to hold for a max of 3 to 5 seconds

Simple... Find station, decide what number you want that channel to be on and press and hold that number it should flash or something stating it worked, Ou should only need to hold for a max of 3 to 5 seconds

That's how every head unit I've ever owned has worked in the past. This one has no numbers to hold. The presets are all accessed through the control knob.
kenwood_excelon_kdc_x595.jpg

Program Type preset
Putting the Program Type in the Preset button memory and quick recall.
Presetting the Program Type
1 Select the Program Type to preset Refer to <PTY (Program Type)> (page 20).
2 Enter Program Type preset mode Press the [PRESET] button.
3 Select a number and store it in the memory Turn the Control knob to select memory number (“1” – “6”), and then press the Control knob for at least 2 seconds.
Cancelling the Preset Memory mode
Press the [ ] button.

Page 20 of your manual...
http://manual.kenwood.com/files/4dd9fd2315647.pdf

Program Type preset
3 Select a number and store it in the memory Turn the Control knob to select memory number (“1” – “6”), and then press the Control knob for at least 2 seconds.
Press the [ ] button.

Thanks. I read that, several times, and it made absolutely no sense to me. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it works.

Program Type preset
Press the [ ] button.

Well that didn't work. That just allows you too set the type of music for each station already in the presets so you can filter by type or search by type. But, I did find something in the quick guide, which didn't come with my unit, that got me in the right direction. Strange that it wasn't in the actual manual anywhere though.

Thanks for all the help though.

I'll get pics later, but... Pioneer head unit, .500k farad cap, 3 gauge wiring, Kicker DS 6.5" in doors and soundbar, Crunch Groundpounder 1400W amp, 2 JBLGTO's in dual slot ported box.

Back