• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

subs in xjs

so%20i%20found%20a%20site%20that%20has%20some%20good%20info%20on%20building%20sub%20boxes.%20%20and%20i%20finally%20got%20mine%20hooked%20up.
DSCF1016.jpg

IMG%5D

hey this is the amp my friend gave me any info on them would be great i could not find a part number on it

Finally, here is my JL Audio Vantage box & sub installed:

DSCN4527.jpg

I know it's hard to see from the pic, but it's actually got a black grill covering the sub...it came with it when I bought it...looks pretty nice!

DSCN4525.jpg

i got my jeep on car domain too, i wonder just how many people on here have their xj's on car domain too.
my page is
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3208463

im goin to go down and take pic's right now of my sub system, i was going to do a walk thru of my install but i didnt feel like stopping evertime i did something like run my RCA's under the center console instead of the long route along the side of the jeep. or taped up the wire's so they look a touch cleaner. and just like tomorrow im moving my ground wire closer to the amp instead of using the bolt i used.

Nice looking jeep, but were you getting pulled up the hill by the sway bar? :nono:

If you need tow hook brackets I'll sell you mine :D

dude... lol it was either get pulled up this very timid spot( it was literally a get a bump past this one low traction spot then drive up the rest of the way) or try and back down the trail with other jeeps behind me =/ i didnt know this trail was going to end like that lol. they were like " go ahead your jeep can make it"

dont give me a bad rating for no front tow points =( my buddy is laggin on sellin me his winch bumper. i should be getting his winch bumper with 2 d ring tabs sometime in april.

Last edited:
this is the MTX terminator setup, it comes in a kit so you get 2 12's, the box and amp. its not the kind of system where it makes rocks move or anything, but im happy with it.
IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

currently im running a kicker cvx15 in a custom box with a crappy bazooka 600w max amp. 5.25" alpine type r components in the front powered by a pioneer 120 X 2 rms amp. pioneer premier head unit. i am currently building a new sub box for two alpine type r 12" subs and i just bought a kenwood 1800w max amp that i will run at 900w rms.

I just finished building a new sub box in my xj and I thought I'd post up some pics. It's only an 8" Infinity sub, but it sounds great and its more than enough at 1000Watts. It's powered by an audiobahn amp. I had a 12" in a universal box, but i was sick of how much room it took up.

Here are some pics of the new set up:
l_58715a7dc2e6474aa797f09fb563616a.jpg

l_7723326c4805432e83e5575fbc1e2ad1.jpg

and here are some pics before I installed the box:
l_4cff0ccc3da340ac86a5cb4e25ca71fb.jpg

l_82a9da7891a844769d1a94d6777fb472.jpg

xjclassic i must admit your sub box is super clean. it is very well built what kind of cu ft is in the box?

i guess i should update my pic of my sub box. i ancored it down so now it wont go anywhere in the event of a roll over
it is tied down in 4 places kind of triangulated using tie down loops
hatchrack2.jpg

this is how it usually looks though
hatchrackfinished.jpg

xjclassic i must admit your sub box is super clean. it is very well built what kind of cu ft is in the box?

Its approximately .75 cubic feet. I know thats pretty small, but i filled it with some poly fill and it sounds great. It doesn't quite boom like it did with the 2000 watt 12" I had, but its still more than enough and it takes a fraction of the space

My setup that I just finished. I've got a Kenwood KDC-X595 head unit and this.

Polk Marine 10"
photo.JPG

Kenwood amps
photo.JPG

Clarion 6.5" in the sound bar and the doors
IMG_9389.JPG

One question about the Kenwood head unit. I've read the manual a couple times and searched online but I can't find anything and it's driving me nuts. How do I manually set a radio station on this thing? I can do the auto tune but it always grabs some stations that I don't want and I'd like to replace them but for the life of me I can't figure out how to program a station into memory. :banghead:

Back