• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speed By Spectre

Thats a small filter.I would think you'll have to clean every trip.I know out here in our dust bowl we play in i would, heck even on the streets i would clean it out once a week.

Thats what happened to me! I just blew it out with the compressor and it ran good to big bear this weekend, ill check it later today when I get to the shop what it looks like after two days of dust.

All the dirt on the cardboard was sitting in the intake tube, the filter had a ton more dirt.
391445_3914982986503_83475177_n.jpg

Thats a small filter.I would think you'll have to clean every trip.I know out here in our dust bowl we play in i would, heck even on the streets i would clean it out once a week.

thats what I was thinking....luckily I don't use this as a DD.

if I were going to run this kit, which I may, I will run a large pre-filter in side the cowl.

I pulled it out and it was clogged again from just 2 days of use.... Thats pretty retarded...

I have it drying now waiting to re oil it, I am going to try to rig a pre filter of some sort in the cowl.

Good thing we don't have desert dust here. Its been bad this year since Indiana is in a drought(WTF, really?) But i am really hoping mine doesn't do that.

thats what I was thinking....luckily I don't use this as a DD.

We use ours as a DD, no issues. I cleaned it after four months and it was not very dirty. The cowl is way up off the road & the dust. But I'll be cleaning it after a trip off road no doubt.

I haven't looked at mine since I installed it a year ago. It's not a dd but dang those things are clogged like crazy. I'm gonna have to check mine out before the next trip. I had no idea they would clog so fast...

Looks like these are going to go the way of the electric fan conversion

If you just drive on the street who cares.Not like you'll get it dirty, but you'll look cool when you open your hood at the gas station to check your oil(aka ricer). Pre filter may be what you need if you play a lot.Lots of work if you're in a dust bowl and not leading the pack on a 3 day weekend.Thinking truckhaven.

For those interested in this wonderful marvel....

Here it is after 30 miles off road and 300 miles on road of driving:

2012-08-27_19-15-07_784.jpg

Now, here it is when it is all clean:

2012-08-29_21-49-08_481.jpg

We use ours as a DD, no issues. I cleaned it after four months and it was not very dirty. The cowl is way up off the road & the dust. But I'll be cleaning it after a trip off road no doubt.

Same here...mine looked nothing like that after 2 months of on road driving (it was fairly clean). My off-road is the beach, so no big debris.

Back