• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

You got 2 weeks until Parker. git-r-dun!

Its not helping working out of town 5 days a week since November. Yea two weeks and I'm wont be home until Friday.

Well I had a very busy and disappointing weekend. I tried to drive the Jeep this weekend but had no line pressure in the trans. I pulled the pan once and the trans twice trying to resolve the issue. The last time I pulled the pan there where aluminum chips in the bottom of the pan. There went my Parker.

Need a new trans? We can totally get one installed in the next couple days. I'm off at 4:30pm (Glendale) and would come by and help.

Damn.... still have four days, lets get this SOB up and running, someone has to have a spare tranny somewhere.

Need a new trans? We can totally get one installed in the next couple days. I'm off at 4:30pm (Glendale) and would come by and help.

Damn.... still have four days, lets get this SOB up and running, someone has to have a spare tranny somewhere.

come get mine, you pull it, and you break it you replace it ;)

Thanks guys…..really this is cool that you guys would drop everything to help me. It’s not just the trans and the time wasted this weekend, It’s the hundred other things I need to do before the Friday. It’s the thought of running an untested car. I just got to thinking it’s probably best to take a step back, finish the Jeep and get some testing under my belt then set my sights on the Mint.

Again thanks for the support, and im going to take a rain check on the help though. Stay tuned:cheers:

Well I think I found my Trans problem. The valve body gasket broke when I installed it. The last time I pulled the pan I found aluminum chips and three small parts of the gasket.
1111ValveBody.jpg

That port is where it draws trans fluid from the trans filter. The gasket was missing on around 65% of this port. This port is above the fluid level in the pan so it was sucking air not oil. Next time I'll change the gasket. Stupid, stupid, Stupid
I got a bone yard trans and its in now. Drove it last night. Shifts great. I really like the RADesign shifter. Looks like testing this weekend. ;D

Well I think I found my Trans problem. The valve body gasket broke when I installed it. The last time I pulled the pan I found aluminum chips and three small parts of the gasket.
1111ValveBody.jpg

That port is where it draws trans fluid from the trans filter. The gasket was missing on around 65% of this port. This port is above the fluid level in the pan so it was sucking air not oil. Next time I'll change the gasket. Stupid, stupid, Stupid
I got a bone yard trans and its in now. Drove it last night. Shifts great. I really like the RADesign shifter. Looks like testing this weekend. ;D

let me know how the shifter works out im considering getting one

Odds and ends.
IMG_20110227_135737.jpg

IMG_20110227_140328.jpg

IMG_20110227_140802.jpg

IMG_20110227_141025.jpg

IMG_20110227_141039.jpg

IMG_20110227_141258.jpg

IMG_20110225_111723.jpg

IMG_20110225_113332.jpg

notch out that pocket and set your resi back some, it will protect it more from debris kicked up by the tire. that isn't a structural piece anymore now that you have the cage in, its just a hollow pocket.

Like I did with mine:

DSCF3329.jpg

I cut into the side of it then used 3m weatherstripping glue to put i strip of a cut up mudflap behind the resi to keep it from chafing through and damaging the reservoir, and glued a piece of fuel hose split down the side onto the edge of the pocket up top. Doing it this way will tuck it back some so it's not directly over the center of the tire.

you could even leave the bottom of the pocket and remove the top, sort of the opposite of what I did. that would give you sheet metal between flying rocks and your resi.

Just throwing out some ideas, im itching to see mine his the road again, lol. Man you've done a lot of work, nice to see it starting to pay off :cheers:

That is illegal per JS rules. We can't cut into the stock fenderwell.
I was about to say,...
..,don't think you're allowed to do that,..
however, you might want to check/make sure the tire isn't going to come up and shear that hose off on the pinch seam.

I'm running a different class, so I don't know, but are you allowed to fold the pinch seam in the front fender well?

There are heavy rub marks on our 7118 truck where the tires(33x10.50-15s) have contacted the inner fender well right about where your resi- hose crosses over.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea :doh: My rig will never see a sanctioned race, I should think twice before throwing my cents in the pile.

Went testing last Friday. Got about 35 miles on it.
IMG_20110306_123956.jpg

IMG_20110306_123405.jpg

Looking like the driveshaft rear end flange broke. I need to look at the drive shaft angles

IMG_20110306_123454.jpg

Back