• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "WTFWIT"

Installed the main leaves that I removed from my BOR leaf packs last year about this time. It brought the ass end up a little but should be fine. I cut off the lower shock mounts and am in the process of fabbing up a set of lower mounts that will not hang down like rock anchors. I am designing them that if they hang down an inch or so under the axle, they will have a tapered leading edge and have a skid plate incorporated into them. I also realized a while back that my factory wiper switch has gave up the ghost as well as the washer squirters, so I need to get that all figured out before Winterfest as well. I am even thinking about a last minute design idea on a rear tire carrier.......not quite sure on that one yet though!

Installed the main leaves that I removed from my BOR leaf packs last year about this time. It brought the ass end up a little but should be fine. I cut off the lower shock mounts and am in the process of fabbing up a set of lower mounts that will not hang down like rock anchors. I am designing them that if they hang down an inch or so under the axle, they will have a tapered leading edge and have a skid plate incorporated into them. I also realized a while back that my factory wiper switch has gave up the ghost as well as the washer squirters, so I need to get that all figured out before Winterfest as well. I am even thinking about a last minute design idea on a rear tire carrier.......not quite sure on that one yet though!

I saw early style fenders/dash soI'll throw this out there. Every time I've had wiper problems it's been that stupid intermittent box under the dash, not the stalk on the steering column.

I finished up relocating the rear shock mounts today. I was sble to cut the factory mounts off, then cut @ 5" off of them including the stud the shock mounted to. I used a piece of 3" plate that was 1/4" thick and welded it to the cut down factory bracket and then rotated the mounts so that they ran towards the front or rear of the vehicle as to not hang down more then 1/2" or so. I drilled a hole in each one and then welded a grade 8 bolt to each one. I used the hole that I drilled in each one to be able to plug weld from the back and also do a continous bead around the front side of the bolt. I know this all is confusing to read, but it was very simple to do. I swaped side from which side they originally came off of and this allowed for me to still use the factory cut out to clear the u-bolts. Here are a few pics of the finished product. Sorry about crappy cell phone pic quality....

shock.jpg

shock1.jpg

Well, the puter shows this a helluva lot better than my BlackBerry. Good effin work, my brotha!

thank you, thank you...I will be signing autographs at WF.... :D

Sign my titties!!

holy chit, I was actually gonna put that in my last post but didnt! Great (or warped) minds think alike!!

bloodhoundgangboobies.jpg

that looks great man! if i realized you were doing this i would have suggested what i did (which was suggested to me). Trailer spring perches are almost the perfect contour already for a 3" axle tube, weld the bolt in, weld the spring perch on and you're done!

Of course mine dont have the fancy skids, and i cant say i made them...

edit: and you guys are sick in the head haha

that looks great man! if i realized you were doing this i would have suggested what i did (which was suggested to me). Trailer spring perches are almost the perfect contour already for a 3" axle tube, weld the bolt in, weld the spring perch on and you're done!

Of course mine dont have the fancy skids, and i cant say i made them...

edit: and you guys are sick in the head haha

I like that idea, may use that on my 8.8! And yeah they are sick in the head, so am I. That's how the MWC does it! :D

it is as if I just sold my child into slavery....the rig has gone to pasture, literally. With everything going on around here and not having anytime to mess with the ol' girl for the forseeable future, I pulled it out of her warm and cozy spot in the shop and parked her along the fence row in the field. I am going to bring some blocks to put it on to keep the tires from flat spotting or I may throw on some stock wheels and bring the tires into one of the sheds to prevent theft. Kind of sad, but at least the rain will wash off the mud from WF11 :D

Cheese "it is that time of year again" Man

When I got back from WF and found the power steering line leaking on the GP, I started DDing the XJ. Something I never do. Looks like we went opposite directions.

people are like vultures....this thing has only been sitting out along the fence row for a few days and I had a kid pull up the drive last night and asked if I would sell it....I told him he could not afford it. What is bad is a person really has to be looking for it to see it where it is parked.

When I got back from WF and found the power steering line leaking on the GP, I started DDing the XJ. Something I never do. Looks like we went opposite directions.

There is one thing i don't miss about DD'ing the XJ. Man the tracker gets good mileage! :D

People are always watching fields\properties. My XJ was in my inlaws feild and they got asked all the time if it was for sale. Then I borrowed a 30ft gooseneck for BMR and when I went to pick it up, someone had cut out all the wireing either for scrap or their own trailer. So make sure you have a mean dog or something to keep people from steeling your junk!!!

we get stuff stolen from time to time...batteries were the last thing I can think of. I am going to do some shed reorganizing this spring after we pull the planters out and that way I can get a few more items under roof. We have an old barn that has a alley way up in it that is not in use, so I am gonna put the car hauler trailer in there out of site. I get asked at least once a month if it is for sale. Out of site/out of mind for most people. We are in the begining phases of the Tri-State Run for this year, you better be in for this one, it is a blast! I will let a know the dates after we get them nailed down. Looks like this years locatiosn are going to be Disney, OK/SMORR/KS Rocks......

We are in the begining phases of the Tri-State Run for this year, you better be in for this one, it is a blast! I will let a know the dates after we get them nailed down. Looks like this years locatiosn are going to be Disney, OK/SMORR/KS Rocks......

Sounds good. Need to meet up soon so I can get these doors out of my shed!

I have the cut up front of a grand cherokee in front of my house...well the firewall back to the a-pillar. its cut into two decent sized pieces. Its kind of hard to see them they way they are laying. The speed limit in front of my house is 40mph.

I've had at least two people stop and ask if I'm gonna scrap them. They last guy I said, "I'm taking care of it" he stormed back to his truck and peeled out of my driveway like I stole from him...all this with my company car in the driveway...

people are unreal

mac 'i'll scrap it when the time is right' gyvr

Hmmmmm.....I wish someone would ask about the damn yota in my backyard......tired of looking at it. Damn frame is swiss cheese and my buddy wont get rid of the truck.

Back