• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offroad camping trailer build!!

lol its a 72

Nice, you can join the NAXJA Bumpside (1967 - 1972 Ford truck) club. So far I know of you, Ryno, a guy up in Portland, and myself.

Mine's a F250 Camper Special 2x4 with a 390 and C6 with 4.10s in it's 60. It really winds out on the freeway!

After.jpg

Now back on topic and this may have already been covered (haven't read thw hole thread).

I'd consider tossing the 35 in favor of a trailer axle then getting some water tanks from a travel trailer and mount them low. That way you'll have your water and it will act as the counter balance. I doubt your trailer is any lighter than my M416 and I don't have a problem not having ballast in it as long as I pay attention (ie, don't go JeepSpeed with an empty trailer).

Most definetly get a 360* pintle or offroad hitch for that. My Bantam trailer has been rolled three times, once on Mojave Road and twice just on dirt roads. When it goes on a ball setup, somethings gonna break, and you'll havea hell of a time getting everything home again.

the original trailer was my parents, so not a biggy there... it still classifies as a utility trailer so no change there... i saved the vin plate/sticker due to the fact that i used alot of the original frame and just so happened that area was used lol... so basicly no issues

the original trailer was my parents, so not a biggy there... it still classifies as a utility trailer so no change there... i saved the vin plate/sticker due to the fact that i used alot of the original frame and just so happened that area was used lol... so basicly no issues

Ahhh... that's right there is the original trailer under there... that was allot of pages ago...

Curt

You'l probably want to move the license plate, I see it getting torn off where it's at..

that, or you won't drag your trailer the places some of us drag ours. ;)

You'l probably want to move the license plate, I see it getting torn off where it's at..

that, or you won't drag your trailer the places some of us drag ours. ;)

Yep. My bike trailer is like that and the outer 1/3 of the plate is constantly getting bent one way or the other.....

the plate is able to pivet when hit... so no worries on that... still need the lid but i ran out of diamond plate so i gotta get another piece...

the trailer box is about 48 x 60 so not huge but plenty

yeah they are pretty simple.. i wanted something i can remove later for bigger tires.. so they are on and they work

Back