• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

Happy thanks giving to everyone, who's got food pics?
1595c833a8a96811ba6795d19fd11e0a.jpg

What's the consensus on wheel spacers? Yay or nay?

They scare me, however my new 44 rear has freaking 2" spacers on each side

Had a long talk with Darrell about wheel spacers and he made me feel comfortable with them. He mentioned that him and lots of other guys run them on their diesel pickups so....

They scare me, however my new 44 rear has freaking 2" spacers on each side

Had a long talk with Darrell about wheel spacers and he made me feel comfortable with them. He mentioned that him and lots of other guys run them on their diesel pickups so....
They scare me too, mostly because it's another part to fail. Not too concerned with increased bearing wear as the Jeep hardly gets driven.

I'm shopping for new wheels, and am considering ordering a deeper backspace, and then running a spacer to achieve my ideal with (4.5" backspace, with 1.25" spacer). Cue Adam's full width comment in 3..2..1.. :D

I can already hear the comments lol

My friend has been running his 37" Toyo's with some spacers for quite a while too. He beats the piss out of that thing

I'm not concerned with bearing wear either, I worry more about snapping the damn studs off
But I want too many other things like a cage, hydro assist and an atlas to warrant doing anything different rear axle wise so I'll run my giant wheel spacers and see what happens

They scare me too, mostly because it's another part to fail. Not too concerned with increased bearing wear as the Jeep hardly gets driven.

I'm shopping for new wheels, and am considering ordering a deeper backspace, and then running a spacer to achieve my ideal with (4.5" backspace, with 1.25" spacer). Cue Adam's full width comment in 3..2..1.. :D

I've been running 1.25" spacers, dd them too. Just got to make sure their torqued properly and a little redloctite

I had spacers on the crapmander. After a few re-torques the first week, they stayed tight and never had a problem after

Hub centric spacers are the best way to go if you have to run them.
But if you are buying wheels just get a better back spacing.

I had spacers on the crapmander. After a few re-torques the first week, they stayed tight and never had a problem after
I got mine from g2, which came with red loctite. When I checked them at the 2 week mark they were fine, and when I took them off to use wheels with the correct backspacing, I had to use heat and a 4 foot breaker bar to take them off.

I'm in Bellevue, standing water everywhere. The Prius army has finally met its match... I saw one hydroplane, on a 35 mph street, through a stop sign on my way home.

In other news, I'm bored with the 4.0. I'm gonna start hording tdi parts for a diesel swap. Picked an engine up on Saturday.

I wonder if there's a place locally I can by conflict diamonds? I'm assuming they would be quite a bit cheaper per carret.

Back