• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

I have been planning on hitting up moab on the way to my buddy's place in Colorado sometime in the next 6 months or so. Got a few more things I want to do first though.. get longer shocks, install the front locker, front sway bar discos and hopefully put some frame stiffeners on it.

I have been too, and it would be super cool to get some of us together and go.

I'm going at the end of October, but no Xj, going with the 'big boys' this trip.

However, I have been talking to two non member Xj friends about going next year, and ironically we were talking about May! They want to go, my brother has never been and wants to go, and I've never wheeled an Xj in Moab, so with the two builds I'm working on, the plan is to go to Moab with them next year....

I'm in for May! (And my brother, and 1-2 more XJ's)

I'm not interested in EJS, been twice. It's cool to see if you've never been, but wheeling is next to impossible. Only reason we even got to wheel is we made friends with Larry Mccrae the week before in lake havasu, so he added us to his vendor runs for the week. That was cool :D

Scott and I did EJS is 10'. It's something everyone needs to experience at least once in my opinion, but yes Moab is a busy place that week. The guys at the 4500 shop are all committed to EJS next year, and keep bugging me about it. I was looking at reservations tonight, but I think I'd rather go another week and have the place to ourselves.

We can shoot for May!

Scott and I did EJS is 10'. It's something everyone needs to experience at least once in my opinion, but yes Moab is a busy place that week. The guys at the 4500 shop are all committed to EJS next year, and keep bugging me about it. I was looking at reservations tonight, but I think I'd rather go another week and have the place to ourselves.

We can shoot for May!

Dustin, create a thread

I would totally be down to bail on EJS and do a NWC vacation house rental in May

Yeah I agree, but at this point if I'm gonna make a 16 hour drive I want to wheel!
Much rather go another week and get some seat time.

We've seriously been talking about May, so I'm down for that!

I'd rather tent camp right in town, but that's just me....

I agree, make a thread. If people start planning and putting away a few bucks now it won't be too bad. What like 9 months?

Speaking of that, Scott, you gonna have your rig done by then? Nick said your completion date was like June 2017 or something like that?

I'd rather tent camp right in town, but that's just me....

I agree, make a thread. If people start planning and putting away a few bucks now it won't be too bad. What like 9 months?

Speaking of that, Scott, you gonna have your rig done by then? Nick said your completion date was like June 2017 or something like that?

No that date is for me. Lol

Hahaha, I suppose I should watch what I say....
Would only take one little curve ball and that may be my completion date!

Hahaha, I suppose I should watch what I say....
Would only take one little curve ball and that may be my completion date!

Im a car wash away from pictures and driving it to work Friday morning:looney:

Nicks completion date is June 2017:gee:

Sneak peak:

Last edited:
Adam- that would actually be fun! Rent a jk and wheel it for a day! Haha

Scott- I like the sounds of that! Just don't loose a caliper bolt at the car wash. Or break a shaft, or kill a r&p....

And no shit! We can tease him here soon too!!

Last night I got the brakes bled and fired it up for the first time in 15 months, I forgot how loud it was at idle.. I shut it off twice thinking something was wrong, why's it so loud? Hahaha

Damn! 15 months?! I would probably be doing the same thing.... Every little noise would be like wtf?!

And thanks for the pic, I just went from 6 to midnight. So much want!

16 hours driving my pig ... Argh. Maybe rent a trailer behind the RV. Probably $1000 in gas. Might skip it lol. Definitely making NWFest again though!!

Next month, EJS in March, next May...

Had Moab on my mind today, and thought it would be a ton of fun if we could get a NWC group to head down.

This is on my bucket list and I would love to go with the NWC crew. May is perfect for me- I'll be wrapping up a 2-year project at work and plan on taking a little sabbatical. May is perfect for mtn biking too.

Thought of the day:

Painting new parts you put on your rig is strange. If any of us were to do that, our rigs would look like rainbows.

I paint all the parts I put in my rig, I just have one color- black

Besides this goofy red arb diff cover....

Back