• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

Toobig's wife makes incredible enchiladas

And cookies

nzUGpIV.jpg

Somehow I managed to catch a piece of metal in my eye yesterday. Fast forward to today, and Doc is digging the piece out with a pick, and grinding a patch of rust out of my cornea. That wasn't a pleasant experience.

Before anyone says it, yes I was wearing safety glasses. That's a shop pet peeve of mine.

Why does life have to be so complicated? All I want to do is goto work, do my job to the best of my ability and collect reasonable compensation.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

Somehow I managed to catch a piece of metal in my eye yesterday. Fast forward to today, and Doc is digging the piece out with a pick, and grinding a patch of rust out of my cornea. That wasn't a pleasant experience.

Before anyone says it, yes I was wearing safety glasses. That's a shop pet peeve of mine.
Same thing happened to me working on the Jeep a few years ago. Kinda weird having the doc show me this rusty little sliver of metal he just cut out of my eye. :wierd:
"Do ya want to keep it?" He said.... HA!

They didn't offer me the piece of metal when they took it out of my eye... just a pile of bills that ended up adding up to a few thousand dollars.

First time I was just wearing my goofy polycarb eyeglasses, second time a few months later I was wearing a full face shield, the kind dentists wear. Fortunately I recognized the itchy nasty feeling that time and used a very strong magnet in a disinfected rubber glove fingertip to lift the metal out of my eye instead of waiting a few days, getting infected, and going to the ER.

(first time I didn't think the metal actually stayed in my eye till I used a different mirror and the angle of the light showed it after a few days of increasing irritation and pain)

I swear you guys got me paranoid now, was cutting and grinding my second axle lol

On another note, how do you tell if your axle is not bent? Do you just stick a leveler on and see?

I REALLY HATE THIEVES....
For the second time in 6 months, I get a fraud alert.... some thieving bastard got my card info somehow, and made a duplicate..... got $398 out of my account at various Kroger Fuel stations... before they were caught.

Actually I think I like this one better.

LG2LFwd.jpg

I wanted a SX4 4wd but settled on a Aerio for now because it was cheep. That, and I needed a new dd that day and it fit the bill. But I still plan on ether another Aerio wagon 4wd or a SX4. I personally like Suzuki cars, There reasonably priced and quite tuff. I have owned several over the years.

Back