• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie in STL area

husky250rider said:
just wanted 2 introduce myself
yo from Nebraska!

any thing else you'd like to share with the class?

quik info on me

19 years old, attending school at UNL, and drive a 92 on ford 1/2tons.

what kind of husky? four stroke? I just drove to kansas city to pick up a month old 05 tc450. It is sweet, can't believe how much better this thing is built compared to my 03 yamaha wr450. My dad used to ride huskys in the early 80's and 70's and i want to pass on the tradition.

ps. ranger I hope to be out there with you guys before long, working on getting all i can get done to my 97 as we speak. Attica is about 3 hours from me. I am going ot possible try to make it to winter fest. When is the exact dates? Thanks

Welcome. :wave:

Hope to see you at Winterfest.
Come and experience a MWC campfire at it's best.:gag:

Rem870XJ said:
what kind of husky? four stroke? I just drove to kansas city to pick up a month old 05 tc450. It is sweet, can't believe how much better this thing is built compared to my 03 yamaha wr450. My dad used to ride huskys in the early 80's and 70's and i want to pass on the tradition.

ps. ranger I hope to be out there with you guys before long, working on getting all i can get done to my 97 as we speak. Attica is about 3 hours from me. I am going ot possible try to make it to winter fest. When is the exact dates? Thanks

Where do you live anyway?

Welcome. Nice to see another STL area XJ'er.

I live in Boonville, indiana just 15 miles east of evansville. I have had my xj for a year now so I want to start to wheel somewhere other than all the crappy places with mud everywhere thats aroundhere. Here is my xj as it sits now(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/bville870/100_0688.jpg cleanest it been for a long time), I have a axle ready to go in the rear hopefully soon. Geared axles and rock rails and I have everything done for awhile then its back to dirt bikes and racing again. Between huntingm the xj and, racing my bike I am loaded down. Lifes to short not to do as much as possible though.

Rem870XJ said:

i have an 86 250 2stroke (not to mention countless vintage huskys) my uncles and grandpa rode huskys in 70s & 80s so i just carry on the tradition as well

i really dont now much about theses xjs my xj is a 97 sport 5spd 4dr and has 6" suspension lift front has adjustable coil spacers a leaf added in the rear 32s on stock wheels i noticed it has no skid plates so thats where im starting after that i really dont know where i should go w/ it any suggestions also anyone no where to pick up some cheap skid plates

Last edited:
husky250rider said:
anyone no where to pick up some cheap skid plates

There is a '97+ OEM fuel tank skid listed in the classifieds section for $50, which is a fair price IMHO.

whatsup man, im' in south st. louis area, drivea 98 with 8 inches of lift on 35's. give me an email, we'll hook up some time man. I build some armor and what not so if you are interested in some beefing let me know.
[email protected]

Back