• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership and Chapter Enhancement Program

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Each chapter may apply for a grant of $250 on a yearly basis by presenting a specific use for the money that benifits the chapter and it's members. The Chapter BOD must make their presentation in the National BOD forum to allow for comments/questions from National BOD members. Proposals can be approved by agreement of the President and VP. If they disagree, the proposal will be put to a vote of the entire National BOD. Chapters may apply for a grant larger than $250, but any proposals for greater than $250 must be voted on by the entire National BOD.

Why did the SoCal Chapter BOD neglect to take advantage of these funds in 2012? Did the SoCal President discuss this with the other BOD members and choose to not use these funds?

What are the plans to do with the MGE money for 2013?

The Midwest Chapter used their funds last year to cover ALL of the members camping fees at their National event. It was a giant success and it got new people to sign up and be members as well as was a perk for existing members. It is their goal to do this again for 2013. Can we do this along with the raffle proceeds to cover the members camping sites at the SoCal Big Bear Fest?

can the money be carried over from 2012, or are we SOL on that one? Love the campground idea.

I doubt we can cover the camping fees as MWC likely had a pro-4x4 facility that allowed them to book on behalf. The only way we could effectively do this would be to book each site individually then give them out to members. We would need to do it *now* though.

We would also have a handful of members that would need to be reimbursed for sites they have already booked.

Personally I don't think that camping will work out because of the timing and logistics. I cannot speak for why the asset was not utilized in 2012 as I am not involved in National BOD and do not keep an active eye on the goings on there.

Last edited:
can the money be carried over from 2012, or are we SOL on that one? Love the campground idea.

Unfortunately SOL on that one.... :(

The SoCal chapter can request more than $250 is the idea is approved by the BOD. The MWC asked for $500 last year and got it!

I doubt we can cover the camping fees as MWC likely had a pro-4x4 facility that allowed them to book on behalf. The only way we could effectively do this would be to book each site individually then give them out to members. We would need to do it *now* though.

We would also have a handful of members that would need to be reimbursed for sites they have already booked.

:confused:

How much per site? (no, I didn't look)

How many cars per site so how much per member?

How many members are anticipated to be there?

How much did the raffle from the 2012 event bring in?

How much is in the SoCal bank account right now?

:confused:

How much per site? (no, I didn't look)
$28/day for a standard site.

How many cars per site so how much per member?
1 per site, 8 persons per site. $5 pass for one additional vehicle. Trailers count as a vehicle (but need no extra permit).

How many members are anticipated to be there?
Typically between 40 - 70 rigs. We have never distinguished between existing members and non.

How much did the raffle from the 2012 event bring in?
Carol's territory.

How much is in the SoCal bank account right now?
Carol's territory.

End results for one night camping say we have 40 members we're talking $560 if they all double up.

$560? That is doable.

$1000? That would be doable with general chapter funds and raffle proceeds.

I propose that when members 'double up' on their campground with two cars, the chapter will reimburse them up to $1000 of the funds set aside for this. First come first serve.

the chapter needs to give back and support its members and the BOD needs to grow the community.

maybe catering is an idea for this event? might be a bit easier logisticaly.

Last edited:
The food thing is a longer story than that and doesn't really need to be brought up ;)

But... Using it to fund Saturday's dinner may be an option if the big BOD agrees. I have been thinking about our Saturday dinner lately as part of planning the event and catering has crossed my mind to be sure.

The food thing is a longer story than that and doesn't really need to be brought up ;)

But... Using it to fund Saturday's dinner may be an option if the big BOD agrees. I have been thinking about our Saturday dinner lately as part of planning the event and catering has crossed my mind to be sure.
sorry, wasnt trying to stir the pot, was just throwing an idea out there. ill edit. :)

sorry, wasnt trying to stir the pot, was just throwing an idea out there. ill edit. :)

No need to edit, just saying that it's over but catering is a good suggestion. I haven't really dived into the food portion of the event just yet, my plan was to start looking nto lower end-catering options next week.

I don't recall discussing these funds last year (that doesn't mean we didn't). We can surely take advantage of the opportunity this year.

So the chapter lost out......

I propose that when members 'double up' on their campground with two cars, the chapter will reimburse them up to $1000 of the funds set aside for this. First come first serve.

the chapter needs to give back and support its members and the BOD needs to grow the community.

Thoughts?

What's a membership run? Wouldn't mind helping the cause:)

$35 per year and the money mostly goes towards keeping this place afloat and land use donations. Last year I think we sent out almost $10000 in money to multiple land use organizations. :)

What's a membership run? Wouldn't mind helping the cause:)

As stated $35.

But - This is a good point. We've got a breakdown here that a fairly active forum user does not know about the ins and outs of becoming a member. I think what we here is to focus on letting folks know its out there as well as motivating them to join up and recoup the money.

I like the idea of using that money for socalfest.

putting it towards the saturday night dinner would be a good use IMHO

I like the idea of using that money for socalfest.

putting it towards the saturday night dinner would be a good use IMHO

Dunno for certain nor can I speak on behalf of the national bod but a dinner *may* not qualify for use of these funds. They are to be intended to grow the chapter and benefit existing members....dunno if a free meal qualifies.

Dunno for certain nor can I speak on behalf of the national bod but a dinner *may* not qualify for use of these funds. They are to be intended to grow the chapter and benefit existing members....dunno if a free meal qualifies.

interesting.

I'm all for using the money, that's just an idea.

I also liked the campground idea. it would be significantly more expensive though.

Back