• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maryland XJ people

DC/Central MD has the dumbest drivers ever...that's why

yep, people cant even counter for the high winds today... i mean, my jeep tracks right, but thats cause it is lifted on the stock trac bar... and i can stay in my lane... on the way to the hospital earlier i almost had a car blown into me on 695. another issue is, everyone thinks the speed limit is 85. with me, the fiancee (with child) and her son, i dont speed, but everyone blows my doors off, even the 18 wheelers.

yep, people cant even counter for the high winds today... i mean, my jeep tracks right, but thats cause it is lifted on the stock trac bar... and i can stay in my lane... on the way to the hospital earlier i almost had a car blown into me on 695. another issue is, everyone thinks the speed limit is 85. with me, the fiancee (with child) and her son, i dont speed, but everyone blows my doors off, even the 18 wheelers.

not me my tractor is cut back to 72mph and most big company's like prime and steven's transport are cut back to 62mph
i will agree that md drivers are bad, but most states suck like pa. most of the pa people don't know how to merge on to highways. CT can't drive in the ice/snow. you think they would. if you go up in a storm the highways look like a war zone. cars on there roofs,sides,facing the wrong way and even on fire. so its not just your state but your drivers just make dumb choices like cutting off a tractor trailer then jamming on the brakes. so just be ready for dumb people and swift,prime,and stevens they are bad drivers

Got a bunch of work done today. Put new bushings in my bastard pack springs, enlarged my center pin holes, and fabbed up some rebound clamps.

DSCF8170.jpg

DSCF8178.jpg

DSCF8180.jpg

what exactly do those do? my leaves have no clips what so ever... just curious...

you need some sort of clips to hold the leaves from fanning out horizontally, and to keep the pack somewhat together under a "rebound" condition. Normally they are tight straps around the pack at each end like this:
springclips006.jpg

Mine will allow better flex between the leaves, while still achieving both of these things. If you don't have any you need some.

Newbie here. Checking in from Westminster, MD. Just got my first XJ last Saturday.

well you can't say that and NOT post a picture....

you need some sort of clips to hold the leaves from fanning out horizontally, and to keep the pack somewhat together under a "rebound" condition. Normally they are tight straps around the pack at each end like this:
springclips006.jpg

Mine will allow better flex between the leaves, while still achieving both of these things. If you don't have any you need some.

any idea where i can get some?

finally saw TerraWombat... too bad it was after i decided to work late and the only thing i recognized was New Jersey plates on an XJ traveling the opposite direction lol

happy noontime (ish)

Met up with Justing (dukie564) today. Nice meeting someone from the forum. He needed a front windshield gasket that I had lying around so we met up and I gave it to him. Nice to meet someone from the local area and now I've got someone to help me wrench on the jeep!

ohhhhhh yeaahhhhhhh

oh...and you spelled my name wrong (Justin)

Ok MoCo guys I've spotted the same rig now about 4 times and still haven't seen him posting around on here. Pre '96 and what looked to be a black (matte spray bomb, or just faded). Lifted to the SKY with what I'd guess are 37's or 38's. Always see him driving around the Rockville area.

Hey all,

Just purchased my first XJ, and I've already got the itch. I work in College Park and I live in Bowie. Nice to see a lot of active members in the area! I am by no means a mechanic, but I try to do everything myself as I go. I just bought engine oil, trans / transfer case fluid, and front / rear diff. fluid and will be changing all fluids this weekend as I don't know the history of the XJ. She's a 2000 XJ 2 Door sport, aw4.

20111129_170511.jpg

20111129_170439.jpg

I already changed front pads / rotors, and replaced the wheel joints, as the old ones were rusted and you could move them slightly by hand.

20111123_030606.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully having some gatherings? What do people get into around here?

Future plans are to fix the typical door speaker issue, as both of my front ones don't work at the moment. I have a nice aftermarket head unit ready to go, as well as 4 new pioneer 5.25 speakers. I will be installing a 3" Rough Country lift, and ordering Crager Soft 8 rims, and some 31x10.5x15 tires to slap on there.

Last edited:
Back