• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Driver side A Pillar water leak

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
I swear I made a thread about this years ago, but couldn't find it. Anyway, it all started around 2017 or so with a soaking wet driver side floor. I sealed the top of the windshield a few times over the years and that seemed to help but not eliminate it, but I just can't figure it out.

It's so bad that I drilled drain holes in the floor pan. If you look at the attached pic...every morning there is condensation to any degree, melting snow, etc...I have water in that area on the ground. Water actually in the vehicle is sporadic, but it always rears it's head especially in winter.

Are there any windshield drain areas/vent areas/seams/ANYTHING in that area that is a known entrance for water? When I've caught it actively leaking, it was coming down the A pillar behind the trim. Is there any place in the firewall on that side it could be coming in through? I'm thinking it's been multiple areas and the top/bottom of the windshield have been addressed but a mystery location that I've somehow missed.

https://imageupload.io/zkLXIDIzWTne4iV

Water outside is from the cowl drains.

Common interior water leakage points are:
windshield seal
door fitment/door seals
plugged cowl drains
deteriorated seals at heater box and blower motor
loose or damaged firewall grommets
dried out seam sealer at the fender to cowl
hood hinge gaskets
intrusion at the firewall seams

Last edited:
Water outside is from the cowl drains.

Common interior water leakage points are:
windshield seal
door fitment/door seals
plugged cowl drains
deteriorated seals at heater box and blower motor
loose or damaged firewall grommets
dried out seam sealer at the fender to cowl
hood hinge gaskets
intrusion at the firewall seams

Awesome, Thanks! This gives me a nice list to check. I'll post again if I end up finding the source.

Im interested too. Im still chasing leaks.

But.. leaks ive found (not from cowl area.. thats another story)

major leaks:
steering column
firewall pass through for fuse box

(also want to keep up with this thread.)

Back