• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

when i bought my Springfield i put 84 rounds threw it and kept 16 for home protection, that's all i have shot since i was 17. im still pretty sure that if someone i didn't want was inside my house at least one of those 16 would land inside him.

I'd take that bet. Getting murdered with your own pistol would suck.

well when i did go shooting, i was aiming at a target 20 yards away with 16 in the pistol, 1st time shooting since i was 17, and all 16 hit the little man on the paper. the way my house is, an intruder coming in any door in my house would only be 10/12ft away from me, so i think i could hit the intruder.

im not saying i don't need more practice, i defiantly do. i am not nearly experienced enough to know at all whats happens when the thing im aiming at is not a piece of paper.

Very bad, long day...

picture.php

My tail light caught on fire.

Ouch. Need a couple of tail lights? I've got a couple of sets of early model (92 and 94) assemblies out in the garage.

Blood sugar of 59 at 2:45 AM. That's a little low.

In all honesty if I have unloaded a full mag & didn't hit my target, I need to either quit carrying or stop putting myself in a situation that I am gonna need to reload. I don't even carry extra rounds when I carry the 357. I really see no need.
I'd say you'll never have a problem with this in a normal scenario. Even if there are 2 guys, you're likely to not have to take more than 2 shots. Even if the first 2 are right one top of each other. That second guy is probably gonna have to change his pants.
when i bought my Springfield i put 84 rounds threw it and kept 16 for home protection, that's all i have shot since i was 17. im still pretty sure that if someone i didn't want was inside my house at least one of those 16 would land inside him.
This is fine provided you have clear mindset, good vision and 100% knowledge that he's not working alone.
and i try tp stay the hell out of IN if i can
Cause Indiana is so much worse than Illinois? Excuse me while I chuckle. ;)
That it would. I did see something the other day though. Some line about "I'd rather be murdered with my own pistol than not have the chance to defend myself." Hell, I'd rather just not get murdered at all!
well when i did go shooting, i was aiming at a target 20 yards away with 16 in the pistol, 1st time shooting since i was 17, and all 16 hit the little man on the paper. the way my house is, an intruder coming in any door in my house would only be 10/12ft away from me, so i think i could hit the intruder.

im not saying i don't need more practice, i defiantly do. i am not nearly experienced enough to know at all whats happens when the thing im aiming at is not a piece of paper.
My main concern and reason to want to practice and be precise, is efficient defense. It could hurt you really badly in a court case if you "spray and pray", come up with 3 hits in non-vital areas, the guy lives and then sues you. The law here requires you to shoot to stop and only if no lesser force will do. (They give you the benefit of the doubt by saying the judgement of no lesser force was made before shooting. For instance: even if you find out later that the "gun" he had was a water pistol, you didn't know that beforehand.) It's a slippery slope to throw a mag at someone.

I want to take defensive courses for moving, reloading and making myself better at surviving, not in the case of a single or pair of attackers. I am concerned with at some point in the future having a complete meltdown of western civilization. COMWEC, if you will. If the country is left to it's own devices and has to survive without law, there are going to be people and families wiped out because of a lack of self defense skills and tools. If a band of marauders wants to take my food, they're gonna have to come through a wall of bullets and I'm going to be better at it than they are.

Is it a little extreme? Maybe. Is it impossible? No.

XJosh 'Not a crazy prepper, just a prepper' 95

Last edited:

but i would really like to get back to the range and oull that trigger a few more times. just like josh said there is no inclosed pistol range in my area, when i shot those 84 rounds in was all the way in Hammond IN. and i try tp stay the hell out of IN if i can

:D

I've put close to 1300 rounds through my 2 pistols, 1000 in the XD and 250 or so in the Ruger. I'm confident i'd hit something but I will never go more than a couple months without going to the range and shooting. I want to be prepared for the day I hope never comes. Almost had to do it once and it was a downright scary event.

Almost had to do it once and it was a downright scary event.
Being happy you were carrying at a certain time is an uncomfortable thought later that day...It really is.

Being happy you were carrying at a certain time is an uncomfortable thought later that day...It really is.

I felt bad all night after that, glad it didn't unfold that way as that person got their face pummeled and the gun they were being irresponsible with taken away.

I think alot has to do with where you live. I have read 2 articles recently. #1 two armed gunman came into a store to rob it, A 57 yr old customer shot & killed one & the other hauled a$$ outa there. No charges against the shooter.
#2 A guy shot & killed a mugger trying to rob him. He is being charged with manslaughter.

I hope he's cleared.
One thing I didn't mention. The guy in #1 article had a carry permit. The #2 guy there was no mention of if he was legally carrying.

We can only hope, I guess. That's a bit depressing.

You can't just protect yourself physically. You have to protect yourself legally, too. I can't really say which is more important in today's world. They just go together.

You can't just protect yourself physically. You have to protect yourself legally, too. I can't really say which is more important in today's world. They just go together.

Correct.

The burden of the person who chooses to either Open Carry or Concealed Carry is that you must now follow ALL the rules of self defense. Not some of the rules, but ALL the rules. If you skip a step or fire at an assailant that has disengaged, it very well could mean that you, not your assailant will be charged with a crime.

The other important item is that you can not pull your weapon to defend property, only lives. And you must have reason to believe that if you do not act, that you or someone close to you could come to harm because you didn't pull your weapon.

These can be tough to prove after the fact and an assailant can come after you in Civil Court if they can prove that in the altercation you stopped defending yourself and became the aggressor. There is only on proactive solution to this dilemma.

Back