• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

what is everyone doing something fun or what???:)

hope you guys are having fun at r & v...ive been in nyc for 2.5 days and have only been able to do about an hour of work. not happy

I had a coworker come over and hook up cable to my bedroom. Of course since I made this plan, my dad is getting Dish on Thursday. Oh well, still need cable for my internet. As soon as Sarah gets here, we are heading up to Indy to go to Indy Trading Post's indoor shooting range. Taking my P22 and renting a 9mm. Then heading to Bazbeau's for pizza.

rock auto is going to put us parts guys out of business. no one want to buy our over priced stuff anymore:eek:

in other news hurricane Ike came ripping into Bradley today. i fought the good fight for a few hours, finally getting a hold of all the water, but im told hes coming back for more around 7pm

294554_3641597563336_1877727706_n.jpg

ohhhhh noooooo the basement is filled and the wife and i are drowning.....

576947_3632395764149_113299862_n.jpg

hahahahaha just kidding, this is us swimming after the rain stopped

what is everyone doing something fun or what???:)

hope you guys are having fun at r & v...ive been in nyc for 2.5 days and have only been able to do about an hour of work. not happy
My plans for the weekend fell through. Then my back up plans fell through. I dunno what to do now.
Sam and wife pic
If you're gonna post pool pics, leave yourself out for the rest of us? Kthx. ;)
EBC. Slotted and dimpled. Green Stuff EBC Pads.

Still in break in, but so far it stops like it hit a wall.

Rev
I've thought about going to EBC stuff on the 97 someday. Just did brakes in June. Not gonna need it for a while.

Last edited:
Had fun at the range.

My first target grouping. 10 or 15 rounds in a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm and 10 in my Walther P22.
P1030130.jpg

Two head shots are Sarah's, the other are a mix of mine and hers.
P1030140.jpg

This is all me. I think this one was a full magazine in the 9mm.
P1030135.jpg

Our time was up, but Sarah emptied the five remaining 9mm rounds and got all but one on the target.
P1030137.jpg

She didn't shoot bad for never really aiming a pistol at a target and besides my P22 once, and a 12 gauge shotgun. I plan on getting a membership to a conservation club so we can shoot more often.

P1030133.jpg

P1030136.jpg

I need to find a decent pistol range. The range I use for my rifles is great for just that. They've got a dozen or so 100yd lanes, four 50yd lanes and two 15yd pistol lanes that are always in use.

I need a close venue to get in a lot more practice. I fear the rust is accumulating.

Edit: http://www.familyshootingacademy.com/ Hey, cool. These guys are open now.

Last edited:
Considering this was probably my third or fourth time shooting, I am happy with the results. I really haven't had anyone show me proper shooting stance or anything else. A friend who was in the military said he would sometime. Plus I have some .223 rounds ready to shoot through his AR 15.

I need to find a decent pistol range. The range I use for my rifles is great for just that. They've got a dozen or so 100yd lanes, four 50yd lanes and two 15yd pistol lanes that are always in use.

I need a close venue to get in a lot more practice. I fear the rust is accumulating.

Edit: http://www.familyshootingacademy.com/ Hey, cool. These guys are open now.

our indoor range is literally 1 mile from the house, its nice

our indoor range is literally 1 mile from the house, its nice
That would be awesome! Also a good way to get yelled at for never being home.

Looks like this place I found offers courses for a lot of different levels of experience. I think I may take a few of them. If I dig the place enough, I'll buy a membership and take their training.

XJosh 'You can never learn too much' 95

Outdoor range wise, I got four within 20 miles. Three are membership ranging from 20-70, and one is time based. The $20 one is about 10-15 miles from my house, but I have never been there. One of the $70 one is about five minutes from my house, but the facilities are rather rough. I don't know what they do with the money, but they don't reinvest into the grounds. The other $70 one is about 10 minutes from my place, and it is nice. There is five bays that have dirt berms around each bay. There is also a nice long covered shooting area for rifles and pistols and then a rifle range in back. Comparing the two 70 ones, one is like primitive camping, the other is like camping in a KOA.

Indoor range wise, we did have one at one point, but not anymore. I will probably head back to the one I went to because it is the closest one (Indy Trading Post on Madison Ave. in Indy) and rent an Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 next time.

I won't lie, if I ever have the money, I will open one here in TH. It is needed.

That would be awesome! Also a good way to get yelled at for never being home.

Looks like this place I found offers courses for a lot of different levels of experience. I think I may take a few of them. If I dig the place enough, I'll buy a membership and take their training.

XJosh 'You can never learn too much' 95
Having seen you shoot & know your dad taught you all he could, not sure you will Learn much more. Just my opinion though.

Having seen you shoot & know your dad taught you all he could, not sure you will Learn much more. Just my opinion though.
:thumbup:

Getting down to the knitty-gritty, I want to gain some tactical knowledge. I know how to shoot, but I don't really know how to defend myself. I know the rules of "If you're not shooting, you should be reloading. If you're not reloading, you should be moving. If you're not shooting, reloading or moving, you're probably dead." I just don't know how to apply them.

Thanks for the compliment, though.

i am consuming many vodka spiked beverages and watching music videos while looking at picture of 2 door xjs

SAM'this is what Saturday without tim turns into'SET

speaking of which this is what i hope to turn the unicorn into

sxj7zg.jpg

i really like the way the cage and roof are
only difference i would want is half doors

Getting down to the knitty-gritty, I want to gain some tactical knowledge. I know how to shoot, but I don't really know how to defend myself. I know the rules of "If you're not shooting, you should be reloading. If you're not reloading, you should be moving. If you're not shooting, reloading or moving, you're probably dead." I just don't know how to apply them.

This. I need to learn some defensive shooting techniques. I want to get my Utah permit as well so I can carry in Ohio!

In all honesty if I have unloaded a full mag & didn't hit my target, I need to either quit carrying or stop putting myself in a situation that I am gonna need to reload. I don't even carry extra rounds when I carry the 357. I really see no need.

Last edited:
when i bought my Springfield i put 84 rounds threw it and kept 16 for home protection, that's all i have shot since i was 17. im still pretty sure that if someone i didn't want was inside my house at least one of those 16 would land inside him.

but i would really like to get back to the range and oull that trigger a few more times. just like josh said there is no inclosed pistol range in my area, when i shot those 84 rounds in was all the way in Hammond IN. and i try tp stay the hell out of IN if i can

:D

Considering this was probably my third or fourth time shooting, I am happy with the results. I really haven't had anyone show me proper shooting stance or anything else. A friend who was in the military said he would sometime. Plus I have some .223 rounds ready to shoot through his AR 15.

I hope you take this as constructive as I mean it.

You spend an awful lot of time making excuses for telling people who know what they're talking about that they don't know what they're talking about. The attitude of your posts when someone offers constructive criticism is "thanks, but no thanks."

It's really frustrating. Everything from people trying to help you with your jeep, to finding a new car to buy, to shooting at the range. Seems like you can't wait for the attention but you don't want to listen to the opinions of people trying to help.

The target that you just shot at the pistol range screams basic marksmanship skills. Breathing, trigger control, sight alignment and picture. Your stance and natural point of aim is a close second. Do some reading on the internet. Educate yourself. You'd be amazed at what you can learn.

Or you could blow me off. I'm just a USMC marksmanship instructor.

:soapbox

Back