• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Oh lord, you have not lived until you have ridden in a modified WRX STi Around an AutoX track. The giggle factor was just as much if not more than the AK pistol! Talk about a good time.

Pulling the engine out of the '91 for a local guy. Dropped the TNT crossmember (going to Nate) and look up for the dreaded etorx bolt/extension circus to begin.

No bolts. Huh. Wonder when those fell out.

Back home after a run up to da Keweenaw Peninsula. Delivered a front D30 to GunsUp (yo, Kevin!) hoisted a few pints with him & 97XJ2. Went running around the back roads & a few milds trails on Saturday, and managed to avoid upsetting a momma black bear & her cub.

<chuckle> When I was unhooking the trailer on Saturday afternoon, my g/f was getting the 3rd degree from a couple who'd just pulled in with a Wrangler. Long story cut short, they were on vacation from Sarnia, and tagged along for the fun on Sunday (yes, they had a good weekend.)

Been working on my "new" 91 Tercel for about 6 weeks now, most of that time spent procrastinating and acquiring a motor for it. After two weeks sitting on the floor I finally got the motor and trans back in it today, hopefully by the end of the week it will be running and driving again.

I think it's been discussed here before, but small crappy cars are a blast to drive.

Ever since Camille and I have been married and running our own farming operation we have ran under "Preston Farms", but after we had Case we wanted to incorporate "Family" into the name, so come this next Tuesday we will officially be "Preston Family Farms" :thumbup: I made a new sign/branding iron template this evening. We dont heat/burn brand we freeze brand, but still thought the new "brand" was pretty cool. My buddy that has the plasma trace table is making up some new signs with the new brand on them for us to hang on the gates and I will have a bigger one made for the front of the historic peg barn on the property. Probably not any interest to most of ya but just wanted to share.....
DSCN0105.jpg

Yes we care, way cool!

Been working on my "new" 91 Tercel for about 6 weeks now, most of that time spent procrastinating and acquiring a motor for it. After two weeks sitting on the floor I finally got the motor and trans back in it today, hopefully by the end of the week it will be running and driving again.

I think it's been discussed here before, but small crappy cars are a blast to drive.

Yes they are Brad. I had a dodge neon with a 5 speed and that thing was alot of fun. It was a pile but fun.

Yes they are Brad. I had a dodge neon with a 5 speed and that thing was alot of fun. It was a pile but fun.

Saw a neon today run a pretty good time just shy of 49 seconds. Still wasn't as cool as riding in a solstice that ran a 47.351 on the autoX track.

Just got home myself, had a good, much needed, weekend out of Point.

It was fun running the trails and sightseeing. I hadn't been for a run up there for awhile since I worked most weekends this summer.

I ran the YJ to the house from the field in about 46.99987 b/c I had the squirts....

I ran the YJ to the house from the field in about 46.99987 b/c I had the squirts....

The only way I can run the track in my jeep is if there is snow on the track. that was a good time for having the squirts. Out there in the field bouncing around on a tractor.

Flex, did you ever solve the great camera mystery? I bet that they would have pulled it off if it were not for those pesky kids!!

did you get another one yet? Camille was asking me earlier about that......

I abuse a Ford Aspire daily.

just got doenwith my second 12 hr workday.... my body hurts, sitting in class from 9 to 5 tomorrow is going to be like a vacation

Flex, did you ever solve the great camera mystery? I bet that they would have pulled it off if it were not for those pesky kids!!

did you get another one yet? Camille was asking me earlier about that......

Nope, No dice! It wasn't Brad or Marcus so It had to be a hotel employee.

Pulling the engine out of the '91 for a local guy. Dropped the TNT crossmember (going to Nate) and look up for the dreaded etorx bolt/extension circus to begin.

No bolts. Huh. Wonder when those fell out.
check your flex plate or pilot/throwout bearings, they don't like it when you run without those bolts. Can also booger up the input seal on an autobox pretty bad.

a turdcel eh...? :D

just got to work, gotta love 3 day weekends. Spent friday night and saturday fixing my 96 up enough to wheel it, got to the trail sunday and nearly endo'd it screwing around on a ledge. Went up the ledge just fine, came over it a bit fast to realize that it dropped off at about 30 degrees on the other side, rear wheels ended up 3-4 feet in the air (from what I've been told, I was looking down and to the right at the ground and realizing how close to screwed I was) and when I managed to get it back on all fours without flopping it, I had busted the pass LCA mount off the axle, along with the driver side UCA mount, boogered up the pinion yoke and ujoint, blew a bead on the right front tire, and done a pretty good job of tweaking up my fenders. Tweaked the pass UCA pretty good too, but it was just a stocker so that's no surprise.

All started because the driver side LCA mount was way rusty, I had been planning on replacing it at some point but figured "ahh screw it it'll last one more run"... oops.

Now I gotta find a new axle and some aftermarket UCAs and get them in by Friday... doh!

So, the search function gets all FUBAR on the PC here at work, can someone direct me to a good write-up for doing a 2x5 rocker install? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cut, chop, weld, paint. What more do ya want? :D

Jeff summed it up....and know how to weld b/c welding thick 2x5 to the sheet metal can be a melt fest. give me a call this evening and I can talk w/ ya about it and how I did mine. I have some good pics etc (of the install ;))

Back