• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

A guy i work with put a turbo on his and it has SVT badges on it

some people and the car addictions :gag:

that's not too surprising.

The aspire was built by Kia, for Ford, using a bunch of Mazda parts bin parts.

The motor/trans combo is a B series motor, originally designed and turbocharged in it's Mazda application. Find a Mazda donor and steal all the manifold crap and you have bolt on junkyard turbo. it's a pretty bombproof little motor. I can't say I would have put SVT badges on it, but if I came across the turbo parts I'd be down. it only weighs 2800 lbs, so another 50 HP would be a blast.

Jeff summed it up....and know how to weld b/c welding thick 2x5 to the sheet metal can be a melt fest. give me a call this evening and I can talk w/ ya about it and how I did mine. I have some good pics etc (of the install ;))

:thumbup: Will do.

check your flex plate or pilot/throwout bearings, they don't like it when you run without those bolts. Can also booger up the input seal on an autobox pretty bad.

Thanks for the heads up. It's getting parted, so no need to be concerned about putting it back together. The aw4 is going in the shed in case I ever need one.

Great, Lucy has the runs. Should have named her Hershey! Carpet shamPOOer needs a workout I guess! :puke: Oh what an evening.

<Ricky>Luuuuucyyyyy! You got some 'splainin' to do!</Ricky>

<Ricky>Luuuuucyyyyy! You got some 'splainin' to do!</Ricky>

Yeah, not sure what going on. Thought she may have had a sore tooth because she isn't wanting to eat her food, but she ate a treat no problem. I changed her over to Iams a couple weeks ago but until now she has been eating it fine. Gonna get her some soft food and see what happens. Its not like her to make a mess on the floor anymore. She hasn't had an accident since we moved back at the first of June.

Too much pig.

the low beams on the baby jeep won't work. the hi beams work fine. the parking lights work. is there a fuse just for the low beams? other suggestions...

yes it belongs in oem tech and yes i could do a search...but i'm hoping someone could help me out real quick...

mac 'its Important' gyvr

Mac, there's a multi-way connector behind the airbox that runs the front clip wiring. It's pretty well known for corroded wiring there.

Mac, there's a multi-way connector behind the airbox that runs the front clip wiring. It's pretty well known for corroded wiring there.

i pulled it apart...it is muddy and dirty...cleaned it a bit and nothing changed...

i may do a little more work on it. is there a wiring diagram somewhere that tells me which pin is the low beams? i could check it for 12volts if i knew.

mac 'the cops don't like the brights' gyvr

stop changing her food my mastif does that if i chage brand of food uselly a cople of day to catch up to her

That's the thing she started eating it a couple weeks ago. She was doing fine on it until today.

i agree with that assessment.

you wouldn't think a dachshund could poop that much.

or Sean for that matter...he sent me a nice pic of the day after dook for my punishment for not showing up.....and that is the shit that I call my life..no pun intended. :D

i pulled it apart...it is muddy and dirty...cleaned it a bit and nothing changed...

i may do a little more work on it. is there a wiring diagram somewhere that tells me which pin is the low beams? i could check it for 12volts if i knew.

mac 'the cops don't like the brights' gyvr

I'd just rewire it with spade terminals. We did one like that at work and it was fine. The water resistant terminals are cheapish and it's easy to do. You may just have two burned out low beams, seen that at work also.

What year?

bulbs have both been working...newer h4 type bulb with big offroad wiring harness between the two lights.

mac 'johnny 5 is alive' gyvr

Back