• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Remote from San Diego

Gotta love the weather.

Do me a favor...go to In and Out and get a double double animal style and tell me how good it was!

That sucks to hear, Travis. I really hope somebody can get it figured out for you. I imagine that your doctors being a-holes is about as frustrating as the problem itself. It seems like with those sorts of problems, they want to witness it firsthand to help diagnose it, and they missed their opportunity!

a turdcel eh...? :D

And that is exactly what we've been calling it. Last night I got the thing fired up and drove it around the neighbor-hood, without a hood. True ricer style. It appears that I bent one of the heater core inlets though and the hose isn't sealing, after 5-10 minutes it was running hot and spewing out coolant around the fitting.

Had a crappy day at the hospital yesterday. Have been randomly passing out for the last month or so. Was in my neurologist's waiting room and passed out again, and they didn't do anything to help. Cardiologist is being very aggressive, yesterday I had a loop heart monitor implanted in my left moob (man boob). So far I've had about 20 different tests, and everything keeps coming back normal. Haven't been able to drive for about a month now, and they have no clue when I will be able to start driving again. Trying to find a new neurologist now.

On a positive note, we traded my wife's jeep WK in for one with a hemi to possibly be used as a tow rig for the heep. It is rated to haul that much, just going to have to see how it handles it.
Dude, suckage.
Show up to the dr's office with teh S&W and demand answers.

Get that stuff figured out already! If anyone noticed that I kept checking out Trav at the Gig, you know know why.

I kept waiting for him to pass out so I could drag him around to the other side of the barn........

I knew it was because of your man crush, don't make excuses.

I'm about 12 hours ahead of you. Yeah, it was good :D

Very jealous. Between In and Out, Jack in the Box and street tacos, I miss the food out there.

Had a crappy day at the hospital yesterday. Have been randomly passing out for the last month or so. Was in my neurologist's waiting room and passed out again, and they didn't do anything to help. Cardiologist is being very aggressive, yesterday I had a loop heart monitor implanted in my left moob (man boob). So far I've had about 20 different tests, and everything keeps coming back normal. Haven't been able to drive for about a month now, and they have no clue when I will be able to start driving again. Trying to find a new neurologist now.

On a positive note, we traded my wife's jeep WK in for one with a hemi to possibly be used as a tow rig for the heep. It is rated to haul that much, just going to have to see how it handles it.

sorry to hear this Travis.
remember, not every doctor graduated at the top of their class.
it is likely something simple.

BOB

just got in from fixin fence around an old pond that the cows decided that needed to be in. I am damn glad I married a country girl! I had a phone call from the crop adjuster and while I was flappin my gums she was finishing up the fence under headlight power. damn I got a good woman...

Getting down to the final few weeks before my deployment. Wednesday was my last day at Menards so thats one less thing to worry about. I've been able to spend some quality time with the fam and the Jeep.

Finally able to open all four doors with ease, and re-lined the headliner after it decieded to fall down over the course of a few days. I feel like I have to fix all these things that are wrong with the Jeep so it can sit for a year.:confused:

Last night I was channel surfing and came across a public access channel begging for money. *Pompous voiceover* "Send us $60 and you get a dvd. $100 and we'll send you a DVD and the complimentary CD...yadda, yadda, yadda." Anyway, they had this guy playing violin with rock music. The first song that came on was Kashmir and I nearly crapped myself. Dude's name is David Garrett. If you like some good rock music and classical style symphony, look him up.

Getting down to the final few weeks before my deployment. Wednesday was my last day at Menards so thats one less thing to worry about. I've been able to spend some quality time with the fam and the Jeep.

Finally able to open all four doors with ease, and re-lined the headliner after it decieded to fall down over the course of a few days. I feel like I have to fix all these things that are wrong with the Jeep so it can sit for a year.:confused:

Had no idea you were in the service, thanks for Serving man! Sucks you're gonna miss WFyettobefinalizedname though.

Just ordered new gears and install kit to get the jeep fixed from WF. Now I just gotta get them installed, reinstall the axle shafts, new u-joints and re adjust the TC linkage.

(TC wouldnt shift back into 2wd so Dan unbolted it. But i figured out why it wouldnt shift, the motor mount snapped off the drivers side of the block so the tranny dropped and the linkage was bound up.)

Thanks for serving this country man! It is appreciated greatly! :patriot:

Here's an interesting failure mode for ya.....

On the way north last weekend, I hit a full width lane hazard with the Dodge. Looks like one of the drains, expansion joints, etc. across the highway sunk a few inches. All 4 axles each took a pretty solid hit. The Dodge's speedometer starting failing. After watching it for quite a few miles, it became pretty apparent that it would start working at 56-57 mph and faster. Anything slower, and the needle dropped to zero. One other thing: lost rear ABS.

I just got done replacing the Hall effect sensor on the rear diff. This reads a toothed ring on the carrier. As far as the electronics & physics goes, it works just like the CPS, as well as just about every computer keyboard out there now. Anyway, this did fix the problem.

Nifty!

So that one sensor serves at least two and possibly three purposes. Did it also start bogging down and not accelerating very well? Any transmission-related P07xx DTCs?

Absolutely no other indications of trouble. No codes thrown, no CEL, accelerated well, braked well. Just had to drive by the GPS, and know that the odometer & trip meter weren't updating.

I should point out that I do drive a 5spd. You're probably right, if this was an automatic, it very well may behave very differently.

Back