• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Haha I'm the opposite. Hardcore trails and buggies are life.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Kids, life, priorities can change all that. I get it, I was there 10 years ago.

The LJ works well for us because it can be street driven, wheeled hard, and tows easy on the trailer. We have used it for around town duties when we are on just a camping trip and like this weekend, it was wheeled, then driven to town for pizza. It also fits the kids nicely in the back. I've done some pretty hard trails with it and it works well.

For now, I have a list of things to do with the LJ before Moab 18...just over a year away...

mac 'still can't believe my booger welds are holding on the popcan' gyvr

Kids, life, priorities can change all that. I get it, I was there 10 years ago.

The LJ works well for us because it can be street driven, wheeled hard, and tows easy on the trailer. We have used it for around town duties when we are on just a camping trip and like this weekend, it was wheeled, then driven to town for pizza. It also fits the kids nicely in the back. I've done some pretty hard trails with it and it works well.

For now, I have a list of things to do with the LJ before Moab 18...just over a year away...

mac 'still can't believe my booger welds are holding on the popcan' gyvr
I completely agree with you there. Good to have a rig you can play hard in and still drive it to town when you need to. I was just saying I personally have more fun in my rig now, more than ever. That could change, we will see.

Yeah, it is crazy to see the Popcan still wheeling some of the hardest trails down South. It's good to see it living on, that's for sure!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

After Redbird Me, Rob, Kevin, Brandin, and Chuck all stopped at Badlands on the way home. Was cool to see the park when everything isn't barren. Picked up someones broken cursed flag. Managed to accidentally use my fire extinguisher, kill another duratrac, stuck in a deep mud hole, flooded my interior, kill my alternator.

Chuck killed his alternator too, so we swapped mine onto his since it was kind of working still, didn't work on Chucks so we swapped batteries between his and Brandin's til we found a autozone with a alternator in stock.

But we all made it back and had a great time.

iKg8198l.jpg

After Redbird Me, Rob, Kevin, Brandin, and Chuck all stopped at Badlands on the way home. Was cool to see the park when everything isn't barren. Picked up someones broken cursed flag. Managed to accidentally use my fire extinguisher, kill another duratrac, stuck in a deep mud hole, flooded my interior, kill my alternator.

Chuck killed his alternator too, so we swapped mine onto his since it was kind of working still, didn't work on Chucks so we swapped batteries between his and Brandin's til we found a autozone with a alternator in stock.

iKg8198l.jpg
what time did you guys get to the park? i think our group rolled out around 1030am.

This was definitely a great wheeling weekend. Saturday we all played a little bit and got some damn good pizza, and Sunday really showed me how much better my Jeep handles. Also showed me I have a bulge in my sidewall on my new tires. Let's hope Dick Cepek or 4wd.com will warranty it.

Also, a hammock MIGHT not be the ideal replacement for a tent and air mattress

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

iKg8198l.jpg

Shoot I had a blast. I wanna thank all who swapped batteries with me to get home(jeff and Branden). Also thanks to rob for rescuing me from a bad rock.

I have met these 2 guys a total of 1 time before. They were so helping. I am so thankfull and impressed. You guys Rock. You need anything, anywhere I will do it.

Last edited:
Where did you go for pizza?

Heard about but haven’t tried it yet, try bobes if you haven’t before. It is on the northern edge of Sullivan by the high school.

I still like my BFG KM2s!

mac 'only killed one sidewall in over 4 years' gyvr

I'm shopping for 35s currently and I am going with treadwright guard dogs again. They are just as good or better than my TSLs ever were in everything but the deepest mud holes. Once day I'd like to have another set of SXs though.

They are just cheap but the quality I was impressed with even Road manners were good for an MT. Drove offer 1k miles on my 31s on a trip with wheeling and road and at highway/interstate speeds never had one issue.

Last edited:
Back