• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I see xjs for sale around here all the time. Cheap ones also and have thoughts of getting money out of savings to get one. In a few years I will get a wrangler and be happy. I wish I would’ve kept my 99 mostly stock and just fixed things on it.

The problem I see locally is some guys ask 2k for a lifted stock XJ. Some guys want 7k for a lifted stock XJ. Mines not amazingly built by any means but the market is all over the place for these things it seems.

No rust is a big selling factor to me. I'll be listing mine on rollers for 5500 if I list is. With new wheels and tires 7500. We will see what happens.

Wow

Can’t believe something I built is still getting it. It was a beast ahead of its time.

If you ever meet the owner give him my digits/contact info. I’d love to hear about the last 4.5 years...

mac ‘good ol popcan’ gyvr
Will do! I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I miss it...

Until I get in the LJ in the morning.

And then turn on the a/c cause it’s going to be 91 tomorrow...

mac ‘before such a thing as frame stiffeners’ gyvr
Haha I'm the opposite. Hardcore trails and buggies are life.

After having a buggy and smaller rigs. A smaller built rig is more fun in my opinion.

Wheeled the buggy until I broke it. Smaller tires on built axles was always harder to break stuff.

After having a buggy and smaller rigs. A smaller built rig is more fun in my opinion.

Wheeled the buggy until I broke it. Smaller tires on built axles was always harder to break stuff.
I have to disagree. I've had both, and having more fun now wheeling the hardest stuff I can find. I love the adrenaline.

But we all have our personal preferences.

I've thought about the progression of my xj...then used the money after I parted it and built the C10 and had @$8000 more invested in it, sold the C10 for a stupid amount of money and bought the lake house and had @$15,000 more invested and just had it appraised a few weeks back at $148,500. That's a decent return on what started as a $500 XJ and a ton of sweat equity. Best thing is, no payments!!

Cheese "insert poor farmer comments...now" Man
That is like me, but backwards. I am 50 years old and owe $190,000 on a house even though I have had three paid four houses in my time.
You know why divorces are so expensive? They are worth it!
Sean 'working on number 2 now'R

Actually the way to have the most fun wheeling is to go as a passenger and help your buddy break their shit.

Then when they break, jump in someone else's rig.....practice saying "you got this" or "put your purse down"

$200 ZJ's are the most fun way to wheel.....

The smiles and laughs per dollars vested surpassed anything else I've ever owned or wheeled.

Guy came and test drove my DD XJ today. Came back and now it's got a bottom end noise. He swore it wasn't anything he did. So Pull the pan and attempt to fix it if it hasn't beat anything else up. Or fill it up with Lucas and send it down the road?

Last edited:
I just found the loose torque converter bolt problem online. So I pulled the cover. All the bolts I took out with my fingers. Locktite and an hours worth of work and now I have the quietest 4.0 I've ever owned.

The simple things

Back