• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i've ordered stuff from them in the past...they are from my hometown! dubuque iowa is where all of my family lives so i have to give them some of my money. i would trust them without a doubt. all of my dealings with them have been quick and easy

I had to do a double take and call them because the price on the website is seriously low. I verified with him that we were talking about yukon parts and not a knockoff.

Kim, look at my engine swap thread I did here. I spent a crap-ton of time trying to get to those 2 top bolts. The one on the driver side I finally got with about 4' of extentions on the wrench. The pass side I could never get to it. All this to avoid dropping the crossmember since the entire front suspension is connected to it.

:scared: That's a lot of work just to pull the motor. With all I did to avoid dropping the crossmember, I ended up dropping it anyway. I just couldn't get to that bolt. I can't remember the reverse torx size. I think 13?

I even removed the motor mounts and the bracket that attaches to the block. I couldn't get the motor down enough to reach the one on the pass side.

Ive never dropped a crossmember. Apples to apples. I always needed the head to come off anyway.

Top 2 transmission bolts from the factory are an external Torx. If they're a 12mm, they've been replaced.

Personally, if I'm pulling an engine, I'll probably pull engine, trans & tcase as one as well as removing the front header panel as well.

They should never be 12mm - they have a 3/8-16 thread, so if they have a metric head then the PO needs to stop buying your bolts off Super Happy 888 Chinese Bolt Lucky Shop on ebay or something.

They are an e12 external torx though. A 12pt 10mm will mangle them and make your day suck, iirc a 6pt 10mm will hammer on and do the job.... once. replace with 2" grade8 3/8-16 with a washer and lockwasher - the factory ones are 1 7/8" or so long and the washer plus lockwasher add up to about the right amount, and you need at least the washer anyways.

what do you need? decided on a pump?

somewhere in mod tech is a post about my fuel cell with all the summit part numbers for the bits and pieces you need. The pump I used for my renix junk should work with any system that has a fuel return. you're on your own for the returnless systems.

I have not chosen a pump yet. The tank i have from the boat does not use a returnless system.

So I guess my question is can I modify the tank to run a return system? Or, is it simpler to convert the stock system to a non-return system?

I have not chosen a pump yet. The tank i have from the boat does not use a returnless system.

So I guess my question is can I modify the tank to run a return system? Or, is it simpler to convert the stock system to a non-return system?

What year is your jeep? If its newer its already returnless. Also if its newer there is a kit out there where you can use your stock pump/sending unit, this is what I did.

They should never be 12mm - they have a 3/8-16 thread, so if they have a metric head then the PO needs to stop buying your bolts off Super Happy 888 Chinese Bolt Lucky Shop on ebay or something.

They are an e12 external torx though. A 12pt 10mm will mangle them and make your day suck, iirc a 6pt 10mm will hammer on and do the job.... once. replace with 2" grade8 3/8-16 with a washer and lockwasher - the factory ones are 1 7/8" or so long and the washer plus lockwasher add up to about the right amount, and you need at least the washer anyways.

You can buy a cheap set of reverse torx at the parts store for 10 bucks.

I have a set from when I had to tighten the tilt column up.

You have returnless...

And I'm currently telling you this via text :)

mac 'celled' gyvr

you don't want to modify anything on the motor that has to do with the fuel system.

you want to make the tank work with the existing fuel lines and fuel regulator. Otherwise you will have issues.

like hobag says, what year?
what tank?
do you want a fuel gauge that works?

Motor is out without taking off the crossmember. :D

100_1890.jpg

100_1888.jpg

Now to put the APN header and the intake on and she is ready to bolt in.

100_1889.jpg

I even used the hoist to lift the jeep up to put in the new coils. Bonus!!

Whether you've been, or plan to go, or enjoy some of the best races out there...Johnson Valley is still under attack. There is some new information and I just posted it in the Land Use forum.

click me

mac 'race' gyvr

you don't want to modify anything on the motor that has to do with the fuel system.

you want to make the tank work with the existing fuel lines and fuel regulator. Otherwise you will have issues.

like hobag says, what year?
what tank?
do you want a fuel gauge that works?

I have an 01.
The tank is out of a boat. Most likely with a small block v8 with a pump on the block. The tank itself has a fill line, vent line and has sending unit in it.
Yes I would like a working fuel gauge

Got a thank you email and a UPS tracking number at 8 pm.

good to hear...ive always been meaning to pay them a visit when im back home. i'm going back in 3 weeks for a wedding and thought i might stop by to see where they are at. i don't think they have a storefront though :(

Unions....protecting the jobs of useless people since thier inception! :smsoap:

Unions....protecting the jobs of useless people since thier inception! :smsoap:

there are still places where unions work. my dad has been a union electrician all of his life and i have several uncles who were uaw members who worked for john deere. they are some of the hardest working people i know. my dad has been a big influence on myself and my brothers and its his skills and work ethic that are a prime example why unions were created...

BUT....

these days there are a lot of cases where unions seem to be there to keep people employed. some of the union audio guys and electricians i have to deal with in chicago and new york are some of the most unskilled people i've ever met. jobs that take me 3-4 hours by myself take a crew of 4 people a full 8 hour shift. it just sucks because the number of union employees who should be in the union are greatly overshadowed by the folks who shouldnt be there.

At the hospital to have ultrasound to find out what we are having.

mac 'a little nervous 'gyvr

I have an 01.
The tank is out of a boat. Most likely with a small block v8 with a pump on the block. The tank itself has a fill line, vent line and has sending unit in it.
Yes I would like a working fuel gauge

Where's the fuel pressure regulator in the returnless system? In the sending unit/pump assembly?

The sender in the boat gas tank you need to put an ohm meter on and get the resistance readings at empty and full.

The returnless pressure regulator is the biggest headache I think. We own an 01 now, but I've not taken it apart to know how it works.

Where's the fuel pressure regulator in the returnless system? In the sending unit/pump assembly?

The sender in the boat gas tank you need to put an ohm meter on and get the resistance readings at empty and full.

The returnless pressure regulator is the biggest headache I think. We own an 01 now, but I've not taken it apart to know how it works.

Pretty sure he is going to go with the setup I suggested.....simple

Back