• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Beamed Jeep build pic's

Very nice build! Oh and I like the bike rack on the hood is that custom or aftermarket? ;)

can i ask why you guys put your rear upper control arm bolt, axle side, vertically?

also, any reason for the 3 link over a conventional triag 4link?

what kinda welder you guys running?

From my understanging with the bolt going down there's less binding on the heim joint and less ware

btw its better to have the heim so that the bolt is sideways it gives you alot more range of up and down movement. and having it bolt sideways is less wear thats why radius arms, link ends, shock ends ect. all mount so that the most movement is in rotation of the ball not pivot

can i ask why you guys put your rear upper control arm bolt, axle side, vertically?

also, any reason for the 3 link over a conventional triag 4link?

what kinda welder you guys running?

Vertically? I thought it was horizontal and the reason is thats where the hiem will see the most load.

I three linked it stupidly because I wanted to save money if I have any problems I'll just change it like everything else:confused1.

As of now I'm using a 220V clarke But really I wish I had my friends miller.

btw its better to have the heim so that the bolt is sideways it gives you alot more range of up and down movement. and having it bolt sideways is less wear thats why radius arms, link ends, shock ends ect. all mount so that the most movement is in rotation of the ball not pivot

True in most applications but in the upper three link most of the load will be put side to side and would be trying to pull the ball out of the heim plus the hiem has more than enough articulation for my 27 in of travel.

whats the track width at rideheight team ibeam? did you extend them?
xcm I will get some more pic's for you tonight and check on the track width and o yes there extended and the front is pushed forward and 1 inch.

eh well makes sense i guess just wierd. never seen anyone run the heim like that in the 3 links ive been around

The upper heim at the "frame" in the Rock Krawler 3 link is setup that way.

frontonjeeppics003.jpg

frontonjeeppics004.jpg

frontonjeeppics005.jpg

frontonjeeppics006.jpg

frontonjeeppics007.jpg

frontonjeeppics008.jpg

frontonjeeppics009.jpg

frontonjeeppics010.jpg

frontonjeeppics011.jpg

frontonjeeppics012.jpg

woah

Back