• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hybrid Cage Build With passengers in Mind!

3 Link finished minus some paint. I got the axle tower installed and checked for any clearance issues and it fits great. I have almost 5.5 inches of frame seperation and 8.5 inches axle seperation. Lower arms are at 8.5 degrees and upper is at 1.5 degrees. I usually have a lot of weight camping so didn't want upper flat or negative loaded down. I wanted to make sure even loaded the front would not act weird when braking. I have driven it about 10 miles and it really feels good. Feels good when braking, more dive than old steep angled short arms(feels natural) Its a lot smoother going down the road and leans less in the corners.
I did try to use 3 link calculator and seems to be about 97-100% Anti-Dive. But Anti-Dive number changes a lot by just changing COG # Its kind-of a rough estimate. I think its gonna work good on the trail, need to do a shake down run to hollister soon!

Looks good.

Let us know when you do your shakedown run... I wanna see this thing is action!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! I need to really test it out soon, will keep you posted. I have a few more 1/4 inch steel plates that contour ruffStuff frame stiffeners curve perfectly, I can donate. Glad its done, been working on it a little too much this last week. Time to rest for a few days before next item on my list.

Thanks for the compliments! I dont think I will be doing any official shake down runs. Been checking everything as I flex it out. I need to put front frame plates on so I can get my limit straps all dialed in. Need to trim the fende flairs about a inch and other misc stuff. Little by little, I will be ready for renofest!

RenoFest prep! While servicing my leafs bushing, decided to strengthen my front leaf mounts. Side plate to mount and diagonal gusset plate to frame, good to go! Got my front frame plates and limit strap clevis mounts burned in. I set limit straps to 1 inch before my shocks stop, but still unseats the coil a little. Should be good !

I love this build John!

which transmission cooler did you use again? I remember you bought a massive one?

Got my urban camo headliner installed before Renofest.
Kids only need booster seats now so it was time to install ZJ headrest for the back seat. No way I was gonna let my kids ride in the back without headrest. So off to the junkyard for jeep zj headrest and mounts. Sawzall and a few minutes and front seat mounts can be yours. Install on rear seat panel is pretty straight forward. I spaced zj headrest bracket and welded in. Great mod

[IMG

Very nice work! This is inspiring for sure! would love to see it in person- do you ever head north and wheel near Redding? I can show you some sick trails up here =)

I totally dig the headliner!

I would love to check out some trail up north. I know wiskeytown and Lewiston area. I used to go up there to a family cabin when I was younger. Never done any jeep trails up there. Do you go west or east of redding?

very cool !!!

That was my stomping ground growing up. I go everywhere! I live in redding now- grew up in weaverville, douglas city and lewiston area! There are trails north of redding for the rocky stuff (also have a OVH park here) east is softer, muddy dirt trails, and west is rocky high mountain trails. I will be going 2 hours north to the 7 lakes basin for 6 days camping and wheeling trip. Im leaving wednesday =)

Back