• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunters/archers

0431F606232900007B600002-attachment-1-FullSizeRender_zpsc9a20f05.jpg

was a f-ing cold day but we're still at it. goose season is closed till feb, but duck is open till friday. hoping to get out once more!

Who wants to come over and hunt coyotes?
B.J?
Any one ever done it before?
They are thick here, like up in the yard thick.
Saturday morning we heard them below out bedroom window just before sun up, Lar opened the curtains on the patio door in our room and they stopped.
They were that close.
The little bastards will kill all of my deer before I have a chance to.

Who wants to come over and hunt coyotes?
B.J?
Any one ever done it before?
They are thick here, like up in the yard thick.
Saturday morning we heard them below out bedroom window just before sun up, Lar opened the curtains on the patio door in our room and they stopped.
They were that close.
The little bastards will kill all of my deer before I have a chance to.

i've done it before...its harder that it would seem, even with a rifle. they are destructive a-holes though. you're not in city limits are you? 00 buckshot will be your best bet if they are getting that close...they get smart in a hurry. i know a couple guys in the west burbs who would probably drive out your way to help you take a few of them out.

predator calls and good concealment......we have picked them off anywhere from 150 yards to 5 yards....we allow guys to run their coyote dogs on them now, way more efficient and does not interrupt my day...and they enjoy it.

I would find a local boy with some dogs. If they are that bad that's the only way to do it. But you could have a decent night if you can conceal yourself and borrow or buy a good electronic call. We've only ever gotten one or two at a time. But they aren't under our windows either.

SeanR if you were in North Dakota I would love to! Invest in a "Foxpro", I love predator hunting. Like it was said above, I've shot them anywhere from 10yards to 275yards. You get no meat out of the deal, but you invest in bigger trophy/food game in the future.

5fecd520f9b827718227fa4059f5e9de.jpg

Had a decent hunt yesterday and today. Don't have a pic from yesterday. Early season goose pretty much ended today. Duck season opens in a month

goose kabobs, goose gumbo, goose con-carne, goose chili, fried goose, baked goose, boiled goose, goose loaf, goose tacos, goose stew....

didnt make it out the morning of opening day... stopped about an hour from my hunting grounds at school to visit buddies the night before. proceeded to get extremely dunk as per typical wednesday shenanigans. stopped at an outdoors shop on the last little bit north and went out for the evening hunt.

30 yards, quartering away, double lung... didnt get a full pass through, but i was able to bag my first buck. great way to start the season.

12074494_885630181491399_9197651219643696043_n.jpg

opening day 8:40 am. Put my first deer in the dirt. 25 yards broadside/slightly quartering away. lung heart with full pass through. Now to bag that buck.

Duck season...wabbit season...DUCK SEASON...don't have a pic from yesterday but here is today's hunt with a buddy. Had a very interesting day yesterday though

IMG_20151025_131550757_zpsc4nc3dqh.jpg

Also saw this deer on the way home...

IMG_20151025_181542929_zpsgjbtfasa.jpg

Not a deer hunter, but it was pretty neat looking

Damn, that is a big picture!

I had to work at 8:00, so I did not spend much time out there.
I did not get home until 5:00 so nothing tonight.
About 6:45, to the north west of me it sounded like WW3 was starting.

Back