• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunters/archers

I have these two on cam and they are staying close. Just wanting one of them to be around in a few weeks for youth weekend for my son. He wants the 9pt w/ the crab claw, but the 8pt with the arched brow tine is a nice wide buck.

IMG_20140928_150901_333_zpsf210f213.jpg

IMG_20140928_151102_282_zpsada8d8f4.jpg

Here is a morning shot of the 8. He is a nice mature deer, belly is big and dropped....like mine.

IMG_20141008_134624_480_zpse5bc49bb.jpg

Here is Case's buck from last year, first time out and first shot. Not bad for a 7 yr old and using a .22-.250. He told me he wants to line his wall in his bedroom with mounts...I told him he better start saving some $$ then!

IMG_20141002_184915_922_zps6111c6a0.jpg

Cheese "if it's brown, it's down!" Man

2abaa5fb89daaa000438b4483fe6df2a.jpg

Got my first crossbow kill last weekend. Doe #1 for the freezer.

slow day...drove through the night for a pretty boring day of hunting. however, i did shoot a ring necked duck today and its the first one i can remember shooting, so that was neat.

1025141357_zpsc3b80a84.jpg

Slow opening day here. The friend I'm hunting with got bored and shot a coyote about 3:00 in the afternoon, but neither of us saw a deer all day.

I've been hunting that woods for about 20 years, this is the second time I haven't at least seen a deer on opening day.

Just got back from a week bowhunting my property in the Missouri Ozarks

This guy came up from a hollow completely downwind. Stopped directly underneath my stand for what seemed like an eternity. I could hear him breathing which didn't help me control my nerves very well. He finally stepped out and I arrowed him at 14 yards. Destroyed the near lung and half the heart. He didn't go far!

10point_zpsf8a2da6d.jpg

Nice work BJ! Looks to hold some mass! I would not have passed passed him up!

You been puttin' on some weight?

nope!

still 205 lbs of sexy.

if anything, i've lost weight since the last time i've seen you....

btw.....

i was trying to post a pic of a nice deer, but i see you were paying more attention to me....homo!

Guess it's just been too long since I've seen you, I remembered you looking more like XJguy :smootch:

Back