• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunters/archers

That is so awesome! I'm excited for him! That's a bigger deer than most people I know have gotten.

It is hard to see in that picture but he is wearing a Badlands hoodie..he would love WF, but is just not quite old enough to hang all night at the campfire...probably only until 11:30 or so :D

Cheese "and he loves bacon and cheese too!" Man

Case and his deer....he is still on cloud 9. He wants to go again during regular season so he can "show me where the good deer come out at" according to him :D He is a crack shot, single shot fired from a 22-250 and it was lethal.

Casesdeer_zps355451e4.jpeg

Cheese "proud dad" Man

Just plain awesome! My son still talks about his first and that was two years ago. Parenting, doing it right!

I had a huge white wolf get within 10 yards of me on Saturday while bowhunting. Took a walk with the shotgun that afternoon and found 3 shredded up deer carcasses within a mile or two.

96'why did they bring them back?'2door

There is. Until a year or two back they claimed the herd was under the 350-300ish number they want it at. Now they say the herd is well over 1, 000. Its the second year of the wolf season and it will probably be a decade before I draw a tag..

I heard something through the grapevine that WI is going to sell some number like 700 tags and only 250 or 300 of them will be kill tags. **numbers are likely to be inaccurate and are meant mostly for representation of the idea**

I have no idea whether or not this is actually true, nor can I grasp how it makes sense unless they're banking that most people won't be able to shoot one. And that's a slippery slope.

There are tags out west where they sell as many as they want but have quotas on how many animals get killed. It generates more income... I heard they are bumping it up too. I heard that is because there was a lot of pissed off people when the state set aside a bunch for the indians and the indians had no intention of using them, just keeping other people from using them.

Missouri will only sell one "any deer" tag to anyone, and it is nontransferable. But you can buy as many antlerless deer tags as you want, and they are like $8 or something stupidly cheap. We get landowner tags (1 any deer, 2 antlerless per person in the household) for free and we can get nuscience tags as well if the MDC issues them to us with a justified reasoning. We have had years that we brought in a bunch of relatives and friends for an invite only hunt and we have filled over 100 tags in a 2 week season. We donate the meat when we have a big clean up like that. I personally dont care for venison like I used to...not sure why.

Cheese "brown and down" Man

Getting bummed out, have not seen one deer since opening day. I figured for sure that the rifle season would move them my way but NOT! I'm hoping the cold front moving in this weekend will help.

michigan has new laws in place where a buck has to be 3 points or better on one side to be considered a shooter in certain areas. of course the weekend warriors put their pictures of their "monster" on facebook. but why do they get mad at you when you tell them their dog sized deer is illegal and they should take the photo down?

you guys area alright... but i hate the majority of the people in this state, and region in general.

Not a squirrel hunter, but holy cow, this one is huge.

Plus the house is in city limits with other houses around. I am somewhat interested in doing some hunting a few years down the road. Especially on Sarah's parents property. Probably can get yotes, deer and squirrels for sure there.

Town squirells are always huge!!! I've got some that are the size of cats around me!
Truth! And they will bark at you for walking down the driveway under their tree.

Back at it again after a year off...family and a buddy came out for 3 days of hunting. Had one good day, one okay day and one busted day. This was the best day of the 3. Not me in the pic...not sure what's going on there lol

uploadfromtaptalk1411608850607.jpg

Back