• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

SEEN ON FACEBOOK:

“What is the gun community going to do about this tragedy?”

“I dunno. What is the gay community going to do about Penn State?”

It's too bad that face book post is missing the point here. We should be asking, what are we going to be doing about the mental health problem we have going on in this country. How are we going to get the people who need help the help they need, instead of pointing thier finger at the instrument he used to unleash his rage. If he had used a knife, would they be wanting to ban knifes, instead of looking at the underlying driver that spawned the violence in the first place.

Um, that pretty much was the point(aside from the fact I think it's funny.)

The "gun community" has nothing to do with what happened in Newtown.

The "gay community" has nothing to do with what happened at Penn State.

It has to do with an individual who was sick and a killer and an individual was sick and a sexual predator. Probably neither one wanted help.

I heard on Monday they were taking 18 hours, and today I was told 24 hours. Wild. I bet they guy at CBI looks like this: :geek:

aaaaaaamen.

Was anyone here one of the record breaking 4100 or so folks getting a CBI check last Saturday? If so, post them up!

:looney: Guilty. Sunday actually. Not because of what happened, just bad timing. I was already planning to buy this weekend, and then the shit hit the fan.

It's a ****in frenzy out there. I joked "What's the CBI wait, two days?" The sales guy said "20 hours". I thought he was joking. lol When I picked it up after work Monday, they said it was still 1800+ people and 20+ hours. Crazy.

:looney: Guilty. Sunday actually. Not because of what happened, just bad timing. I was already planning to buy this weekend, and then the shit hit the fan.

It's a ****in frenzy out there. I joked "What's the CBI wait, two days?" The sales guy said "20 hours". I thought he was joking. lol When I picked it up after work Monday, they said it was still 1800+ people and 20+ hours. Crazy.

I asked at Gander Mountain this evening, it is now a 29 hour turnaround with 5100 waiting in the que. The employee also said he has taken many calls for people looking for ar-15's, he said you'd be very luck to find one anywhere in Denver. Their corporate office told them they may never see ar's again. I hope he was exaggera:(ting.

I'm guessing the non-retail resale value of an AR is now sky-high. My wife finally figured it out today and said we should pick something up. I told her it's a little late.

All Obama and the anti-gun folks are accomplishing is ensuring America is well armed.

I know this senecio is a pipe dream and way too good to be true but I hope as the news drops off a little about this event that cooler heads in congress will prevail and they won't pass this gun ban. If that happens you are going to see a HUGE number of ARs flood the used market and prices will tumble.

Like I said probably a total pipe dream but we can hope.

It's making me wish I'd bought a couple AR's I saw during a gun shop sale for $700 each a couple months back...... Coulda flipped 'em. :doh:

This whole situation has been a total exercise in frustration for me. After dealing with kid surgeries, wife illnesses and family deaths I am beyond broke. I've basically been sitting here with my thumb up my butt not being able to afford to buy anything.

LOL...... from your posts/pics....... you and yours appear to be PLENTY well stocked.... :thumbup:

My bad....... I assumed many of those guns were yours. One .308 is better than none though.

Back