• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

i was thinking that it might be due to prior service needing the osut slots, but since you have orders figured your slot was secured. aint no tellin anymore i guess.

good luck to you man, do what your told, do it to the best of your ability, and remember its just a head game.

(its been about 20 years since ive been to basic, alot has changed since then, it has gotten alot easier. if some of the doughboys passed when i went, you should be ok)

Thanks :thumbup: Yeah I ain't worried about basic, it should be pretty easy. Jump school shouldn't be too bad either, just gotta remember not to jump when the light's red lol. Ranger school will be tough though, that's really what I'm trying to prepare for.
Actually from what I hear when hangin around the recruiting office, they're not taking prior service or GED's anymore. Economy sucking has led to a shit ton of military applicants so they can be pretty selective. Not sure why they wouldn't want prior service though :dunno:

Thanks :thumbup: Yeah I ain't worried about basic, it should be pretty easy. Jump school shouldn't be too bad either, just gotta remember not to jump when the light's red lol. Ranger school will be tough though, that's really what I'm trying to prepare for.
Actually from what I hear when hangin around the recruiting office, they're not taking prior service or GED's anymore. Economy sucking has led to a shit ton of military applicants so they can be pretty selective. Not sure why they wouldn't want prior service though :dunno:
Because no matter what the recruiters say , Rangers slots are given during AIT
Then depending on your performance evaluation during basic and AIT , you'll
then have orders for further training . Selection into Ranger school is an overall evaluation of your entire skills . Marksmanship , physical and mental
fitness and your ability to follow the rules ( my problem ) will be very important . Of course I've seen quite a few guys fall out of the process of this very easy . My brother has been Mech. INF for over a year and still
hasn't been accepted to Airborne school . Take the schools when they offer
them , you probably won't get a second chance , they are the key to being
able to do allot of things in the Army .

Been to MEPS 3 times now. They did my ASVAB and medical on separate days for some reason, then I had to go back again cause some BS about my fingerprints not scanning through right so we had to redo them. I hate MEPS... it's like the DMV, but worse.
Nailed my orders on my wall right above my bed...
JOB: 11x1 O 00 YY
TYPE: OSUT
SHIP DATE: 20100607
START DATE: 20100618

So originally I was supposed to leave June 7th (this past Monday) and then training would start on the 18th. Now they're saying it'll be around October or November :flamemad:. I've been trying to get a hold of my Sgt to figure out the details of wtf is happening but I keep missing him at the office.
Don't get me wrong, I'm much happier about going to GA in October than in June... I hate humidity... but I've been basing my life around leaving 4 days ago and now I gotta stick

around for another while.

I run 1 mile, do pushups till I'm too tired to do more, then run another mile, then situps till I'm too tired to do more, then another mile.

My veggie garden got freaking creamed by hail. Any other backyard farmers out there?

Ours was saved thank god! I'm not the gardener but my brother is the one that does most of it. He stayed up and covered all the tomato plants.

Frank, I envy what a BIG motor you have. (insert a nudge, wink and a grin here). Guessing yiu got fuel pump situation handled? I'm up for some donuts. Who makes good donuts in town?

You gonna bring some down when you meet troy at his lot? :D

I'm not sure if DONUTS at TROY's lot are a good idea if ya know what imma sayin....... :D

I feel your pain frank, I'm still chasing this hot temps, run like chit issue. Did the tps and plugs, getting nss today to toss in so hopefully it fixes my problem. :doh:

Back