• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Somebody neds to go wake Troy up so he can respond to my PM.

WAKE UP TROY!!!!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........(snork, sniff)........ Huh? What? Who's yellin'?

Donuts?!?!?! Where? When? :looney:

Wait...... ahem........ I don't like donuts.

:D

I tell ya, man, that was odd -- seeing all kinds of white spots/blurred vision, couldn't come up with words for what I wanted to say, major sinus headache -- I think Sheila thought I was having a stroke! IDK what the deal was, but better today, if not 100%, still have a headache and vision is slightly off, but I managed to finish my lumberjack duties with the sawzall this moringin -- you gonna be around this afternoon to flash some plasma??

I tell ya, man, that was odd -- seeing all kinds of white spots/blurred vision, couldn't come up with words for what I wanted to say, major sinus headache -- I think Sheila thought I was having a stroke! IDK what the deal was, but better today, if not 100%, still have a headache and vision is slightly off, but I managed to finish my lumberjack duties with the sawzall this moringin -- you gonna be around this afternoon to flash some plasma??

You should probably get that checked out. You may have had a mini stroke. Symptoms last for a short period of time, then go away. However, it can happen again and can cause damage over time. I'm having similar symptoms and will be going to the doctor this coming Friday.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/transient_ischemic_attack_mini-stroke/article_em.htm

Ooooooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyyy

So. To say I'm a little hesitant to make this post is an understatement. So before I get to it here's a Lil back ground for you.

I've gone thro a ton of jeeps and one was prebuilt. And some comments I got were that the only reason I was doing anything was because I was in something someone else had built. So I got a chip on my shoulder and decided that my next jeep would be built by me. Every part I could possibly do. And I set this goal knowing a few basic things.
1: I know I can drive i just needed something to drive
2: I can't weld. Think I've used one all of a handful of times.
3: I like what I like.

So with that I started with my bone stock 96 and putevery part on myself. And I wanted to build some of my own stuff. Part of thisis knowing imma screw it up. Have to re do it and that it may not be pretty first few times.
Well today was my first project. I'm about halfway done with the initial setup. My welds look like ass and there is still a lot of work left. But. I get to say I built it. (so if ya don't like it piss off. It's not on your rig! .!.:D.!. )
without further delay.

33d4b055.jpg

3cdb09ba.jpg

Thanks man. Will look good once stinger is on and the mounting plates are trimmed lol. Then gotta get some other plates welded up, gussets, and fairlead setup. Aye, so much work. Lol

That looks stout! I like it so far. What did you use to bend?

Edit: Didn't you just buy new KM2s?

Thanks.I can lift jeep off ground with each bar using highlift. So my poop welds are somewhat holding lol. They will be ground and rewelded before paint
I used LEDs nifty bender. Pretty easy to use so far. But I also only did 2 bends hahaha.

Just dont make the stinger like 3 feet high like I did one time. I had a guy from Pikes Peak Rovers bend the tube for me and weld it on. It ended up freakin really high....here is a pic:
familyjeep070.jpg

Ya none of that!!!! :D
stinger will sit bout 1-2" over header panel hopefully. I'll have to see how it goes.

I find the key to sharing shitty wells is to take really blurry pics -- well executed on both counts! Fun, aint it, Mike?!

Hey Fred -- I say your kid playing in the orchestra in Sydney on the news tonight -- cool! Congrats!

Back