• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Anybody know where this is?
037A5897-74EB-4FCD-8ACF-6970392D3590_zpspi0gk0j1.jpg

.22 LR is making a comeback, my local Walmart actually had a few choices.

Much rather watch Colin McRae drive. No practice runs or multiple tries.
'When in doubt go flat out.'

It's a peg board with brass tags on it. That what mines used to keep track of who was down in the mine. The miner grabbed his tag on his way into the mine and put it back after his shift.

Not sure. I was trying to find it because it was a Tag in the game we play on a motorcycle forum. I knew by who posted it that it would be somewhere south and I was riding down to Canon City for Easter anyway. Someone else grabbed it though and haven't posted the new Tag yet. I'm eating breakfast in Colorado City and then going back north.

A ton of coal mining in Southern CO back in the day... look up the Ludlow Massacre for some super reading about union/national guard warfare...

Chris
We took the exit where the ludlow monument (marker ) is one time many years ago. Stopped and read the story then. Will need to read up on it again. One of the joys of getting older ! Any other places to see ? Doesn't have to be about mining, just history .

Much rather watch Colin McRae drive. No practice runs or multiple tries.
'When in doubt go flat out.'

I have watched videos of Colin McRae drive, it almost looks boring for him. Like a Sunday drive with grandma in the back. The guy seems so laid back.

Fun to watch though.

Back