• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

It's not a lot of fun having your head inside an MRI for what seems like too long. If you are all claustrophobic, take the shot, and have someone give you a ride. I've had it done to my neck and back. I never thought I was claustrophobic until I took a fire fighter test, and jammed my airtank against something while crawling through a perfectly black obstacle course. Stuck and had no idea which way to go. Just a flash, but it was a big flash. :)

It's not a lot of fun having your head inside an MRI for what seems like too long. If you are all claustrophobic, take the shot, and have someone give you a ride. I've had it done to my neck and back. I never thought I was claustrophobic until I took a fire fighter test, and jammed my airtank against something while crawling through a perfectly black obstacle course. Stuck and had no idea which way to go. Just a flash, but it was a big flash. :)

I'm not really, but hearing the stories from those whom have had one doesn't exactly make it sound pleasant. However at this point I'd be willing to do just about anything to take care of this.

Good luck with it man, hopefully they'll figure it out. That's the problem with doctors you know, they're just practicing.

Next month I'm going to get the 87 Prepped for sale. Its bone stock right now and has a very clean/straight body. I don't have a full set of stock sized tires or matching rims for it, but I do have a set of fairly worn down 31's on matching steel rims. Should I toss the 3" BDS lift from the 98 on it and the worn down 31's or leave it stock and find a set of matching stock wheel/tires for it?

I always make things difficult ...lol...these prothane coil inserts are no exception I could have just popped them in trimmed a bit called it good. , but with a 10 inch insert they bow a fair amount on compression and if left loose they end up contorted in different positions every cycle ...So I decided to add a 1.5 tube insert to the bottom for the length of unused insert to resist excess bowing and then weld a threaded stud to the bottom of that so it sits at the coil base without moving up then made the usual contact pad for the top to keep it from getting ripped up on bump . At this time I could have just reused the lower coil clip/retainer but these have sucked since day One as they sit just under the 3rd active coil and on compression effectively remove.those 3 coils from the active coils and raise my spring rate just like having cut 3 full coils off , so I drilled 2 holes for a u bolt and welded one leg and left the other free.so it can have a nut tightened from the bottom through the pad so the coil can't come out and 180 from that u bolt I welded on some tube for the coil to go in ...lol...all seemed to fit perfect until I installed the prothanes with the coils as the ribs on the prothanes don't line up with the coils and push the coil out and up just enough so the coil tail does not line up with the u bolt ...there is room to work it's just the prothanes push the coil out of alignment with the base , and require a wedge to push the coil in board and at the same time a pry bar to push the coil down so it will go into the u bolt ...as a one man job it fills a swear jar ..Then I made a new upper retainer that will allow the coil to unseat just a couple inches and catch it this is just redundancy in case the limit strap stretches a bit more than expected and will will trap the coil by the upper pig tail ....only 3 more to go .

Chris
We took the exit where the ludlow monument (marker ) is one time many years ago. Stopped and read the story then. Will need to read up on it again. One of the joys of getting older ! Any other places to see ? Doesn't have to be about mining, just history .

Wes -- Cucharas Canyon, just east of Walsenberg is a hidden gem for a hike/picnic, though only accessible on foot. It is one of those cracks in the prairie that you don't expect, and virtually noone goes there. BLM land .... nothing but sagebrush, and suddenly you're in a Ponderosa/Fir micro climate with a decent river in the bottom. Elk, mountain lion, bear, the whole bit. Very cool. I crossed the Cucharas on horseback in there about 14 years ago, water to mid thigh... what a thrill! :cheers:

Chris
Read everything I could on the Ludlow Massacre yesterday. Very interesting.Told Donna about Cucharas Canyon,she was good until I mentioned bear and mountain lion. That's when I got the "are you stupid look ?"Is seven falls worth seeing?Cave of the winds ? Did a little research yesterday and still don't know what to do.

There are more lions and bears in Crazy Woman Canyon than you will ever find in Cucharas, I think, Wes. Tell Donna it'll be fun...

True story, though -- when riding in Cucharas, the horses, all 6 of them, suddenly spooked and refused to move forward. We dismounted and did some armed investigating, and found unmistakable cat tracks in the mud in the trail not 50 feet in front of us... wet mud. The horses could smell it and were not very interested. We changed routes and thus ended up with the 5-6' deep river crossing during runoff, which was likely more dangerous than the cat!

it is, its a cool hour, followed by good food drink in quirky Manitou. Avoid the "cliff dwellings" next door though, contrived made up BS. The cog railroad to the top of Pikes Peak for the densest donut on the planet is a great afternoon too... again, followed by food and drink in Manitou!

But she feels at home in Crazy Woman Canyon...We have never seen or heard anything in Crazy woman, so we will leave it at that.Don't mind little short hikes as we will have my mother with us .She is 73 and in pretty good health. The last two years we have taken her white water rafting. Now she wants to go zip lining !

The La Veta area has a lot of cool history. There was a railroad here once.

D275F797-5580-4017-91AB-521AB446E1E4_zpsiiltrg7m.jpg

railroad is still in La Veta, you can take a steam powered engine from La Veta to Alamosa and back as a day trip. pretty cool.

Went and bookmarked the train page for reading later.I like Dutch's way of seeing things (from a vehicle instead of walking !). Although I don't think mom will ride on a bike with me.Last year after rafting Clear Creek in Idaho Springs we took a city street out of town and by the time we got to the top it was barely a two track trail. She liked the view but didn't like the narrow trail.Thanks for The ideas and opinions guys. Keep them coming if you don't mind.
Thanks Wes

Back