• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Well, my steering box has had a lot of play so I've had death wobble. I think I'm gunna pull out the bbs and get them dynamically balanced. Have only put ~150 miles on them..

Oh gotchya. ya that's not a lot.

some punks just tried rolling up on me as i left king supers by my house. tried pinching me in between the cars.
so if you're in my area keep eyes out

it occurs to them after the first time they do...

Fortunately for all involved mine was in my truck at the time( king supers not oc fans) they got scared enough to bail. just kinda irritated i was picked out as victim.
big question is did they want to take cash or the truck. if the truck i woulda let them have at it.

If by "let them have it", you mean "let them have some f'n lead for dinner", I'm totally with you. Seriously, though, if my family wasn't with me, and if I were packing, they aren't leaving with my jeep, my money, or anything else unless they think they can take it from me in a fight... punks.

No. i meant the truck. ill get the cash. and its easy to find. i was really stressed about it to be honest. had they been older i dunno if i woulda cared as much if at all. but the age thing had me a bit off. Hope they were scared enough.
my biggest concern was the guy i blocked with door. was great he couldn't see me. but flip side was i ccouldn't see him. :/

all ended as well as it could have i guess. still no.call back from cspd. Can't say im too surprised.
whatever.

I was in a situation a few weeks ago where I was ready to do whatever I had to do. Gun was ready but I was able to run a Red light to get out of the situation. It was defiantly Stressful situation for me But I was glad I had options and was able to keep cool.

It is our responsibility as citizens to not allow lawlessness to blossom -- it is the nature of police work that it is 90% reactive, that is to say the police are only there to investigate the tragedy after it has occurred. Like negotiating with terrorists, it is society's obligation to itself dis-incent violent behavior and disrespect for private property rights -- not allowing the crime to occur by making sure that would be criminals are aware that a substantial segment of society will meet their violence with violence.

As I alluded to in my prior post -- my reaction would likely be much like yours if my wife or children are with me, as I will unfortunately surrender a bit of my liberty in defense of those precious to me, and live to fight another day as they say.

Glad you came out of it OK, Mike. Random acts of violence are the worst, and its cool that you are prepared in advance to deal with it. I am frequently not.

Ya. if i wasn't wanting a diesel crazy bad id be less willing to let truck go :D

I do understand what you are saying though. I couldn't agree more that it's societies responsibility not the pd. I actually feel like I was ill prepared. mentally anyway. i knew if i made it to my pistol i wouldn't lose. but maybe turning and reentering the store to reevaluate would have been.smarter. i dunno.

fortunately it hasn't happened to me but there is a lot of bad mojo like that, that happens here in the Wichita area which has always struck me as odd in the first place but the thought of running into a situation like this is a little scary especially when im on my bike let alone in my jeep. Id say im not as prepared as i should be...

I've got a buddy in Aurora that wants to lift his Dodge Ram (4x4) 2500 4"-6" and asked if I knew of any decent shops in the Denver metro area to do it (He doesn't have the time or tools to do it himself).He's a good dude and I don't want him to get ripped off and I don't know jackshit about shops in Denver so........ if anyone could give me some recommendations to pass along to him I'd really appreciate it.Its not going to get wheeled, its more for looks and I don't have the conscience to tell him to go to 4WP.

Thanks.

Back