• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BruceB83/Appalachian Armor's Skid plate install w/ Pics

Re: BruceB83's Skid plate install w/ Pics

I love mine! Me and Bruce did some trading and I got one about 2 months ago. M
I had to modify mine to work a bit but the craftmanship and design is top notch.

I came down on mine a little the other weekend and wasn't worried at all.

Mine sits about 1/4" from the bottom of the TC and didn't lose any clearance at all. I actually made it to help strengthen up my crossmember a bit.

Re: BruceB83's Skid plate install w/ Pics

I love mine! Me and Bruce did some trading and I got one about 2 months ago. M
I had to modify mine to work a bit but the craftmanship and design is top notch.

I came down on mine a little the other weekend and wasn't worried at all.

Mine sits about 1/4" from the bottom of the TC and didn't lose any clearance at all. I actually made it to help strengthen up my crossmember a bit.

To expand on what Chase said, he only had to modify it because he has longarms. Just wanted to clear that up! :spin1:

Any word on a full width one? If you build one that goes all the way across, has good front-back coverage, and protects the round coffee can cat, for a price similarly reasonable to the normal one, I will buy it

I would love to see a full crossmember/tc skid replacement from you guys..

Any word on a full width one? If you build one that goes all the way across, has good front-back coverage, and protects the round coffee can cat, for a price similarly reasonable to the normal one, I will buy it

I thought I replied to this??? I hope it wasn't deleted because I was trying to rail the conversation back OT and keep it tech related.

Anyways, keep an eye out in the vendor forums for updates but we're close to having a full-width piece ready for production!

I thought I replied to this??? I hope it wasn't deleted because I was trying to rail the conversation back OT and keep it tech related.

Anyways, keep an eye out in the vendor forums for updates but we're close to having a full-width piece ready for production!

Any spy pics?? Can't wait to see what you come up with, underbody armor is currently at the top of my list.:yelclap:

You replied as Bruce last year. Looking forward to seeing it. Please tell me it will fit over the coffee can cat!!

x2 on the full-width piece.

I really would like to see this as I will be ordering something really soon. I do not wish to trash the TC I just swapped in to replace the one I recently destroyed.

Thanks.

You know what I think would be sweet? If there were two full width pieces, one that is about the size of the TNT pan and extending forward of the crossmember quite a bit, and then another one you mount behind it. Full coverage!

You know what I think would be sweet? If there were two full width pieces, one that is about the size of the TNT pan and extending forward of the crossmember quite a bit, and then another one you mount behind it. Full coverage!

That would be Nice.

No full width plate yet? I'm afraid I'll have to buy DPG's

Unfortunately not yet.

We have this rear bumper that came out of nowhere and it's about ready to roll. Having problems with hardware right now but once we get it figured out, we'll be set.

Remember guys, we don't move as quick as other companies. This is basically a "garage operation" right now that has to fit into three guys personal and work and wheeling lives! It takes us a little longer to get things done around here. :cheers:

Unfortunately not yet.

We have this rear bumper that came out of nowhere and it's about ready to roll. Having problems with hardware right now but once we get it figured out, we'll be set.

Remember guys, we don't move as quick as other companies. This is basically a "garage operation" right now that has to fit into three guys personal and work and wheeling lives! It takes us a little longer to get things done around here. :cheers:
as long as the quality and price are where they are, i don't mind the wait so much:cheers:

when i did my motor swap, i was spending a lot of time under my heep, and was admiring how well your skid held up. money well spent, only damage was missing paint

I ordered a WARN tc skid right before christmas and I still haven't installed it yet, but man! I wish I would have ordered from AA!
Makes my WARN tc skid look like foil!
I'm really excited to see what all Appalachian Armor has to come! I just love smaller companies that do awesome work!

I'd be really interested in a full belly pan also. If you fab up a concept, you can take some preorders or make a group by based on said concept. Based on the current skid/price, I'd be all-in. I'm seriously considering a TNT pan now, and thats around $290.

Back