• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BruceB83/Appalachian Armor's Skid plate install w/ Pics

Re: BruceB83's Skid plate install w/ Pics

Bruce...as a believer in the 242..I can't wait for you to offer a skid of your quality to fit the 242. You post when it's ready...and I'll be the first (or one of the first) to put my money on the line! Keep up the good work.

winkosmosis said:
I think you should make one that goes all the way across, even if it has to dip down to avoid the cat. I think it would strengthen the unibody, and distribute stress better when you bottom out on the skid.

We're one step ahead of you...;). We've already got it built as a model. We need to test fit it for a second time. Hopefully it will be right this time.

I just got this thing today and I will say you may have a lawsuit on your hands, pal . :wave1:

I may be hearing from some activist's about breaking harmless rocks. :spin1: :laugh2:

This thing is a tank. I'm gonna get it painted this week and installed this weekend.

Thanks Bruce!!! :cheers:

Steve_Moore said:
I just got this thing today and I will say you may have a lawsuit on your hands, pal . :wave1:

I may be hearing from some activist's about breaking harmless rocks. :spin1: :laugh2:

This thing is a tank. I'm gonna get it painted this week and installed this weekend.

Thanks Bruce!!! :cheers:

LMAO! You had me for a second...I'm like "$hit!"...lol. Good one, that made me laugh. Remember to send me those pics for the Customer Rigs section. See website...:yelclap:

Well we have a template built but we haven't been able to test it yet so it could be 2 weeks and it could be 2 months. I hate to give a ballpark right now because I know it will probably be the opposite of what I say.

Sweet. I have a suggestion though, make it extend as far forward as possible, maybe sloped upward? TNT's goes like 6" in front of the crossmember I think.

Sweet. I have a suggestion though, make it extend as far forward as possible, maybe sloped upward? TNT's goes like 6" in front of the crossmember I think.

I'll take note of this...our plans do involve some sort of upward slope and forward extension. :wave1:

Alot of companies advertise their product can be installed in under an hour with minimal tools.

Bruce's skid is the first product I've ever installed that I was actually able to easily accomplish in under an hour while being patient instead of rushing.

Thanks Bruce for a great product, I look forward to trying to destroy it :D

I installed mine awhile back on my 99 XJ. This thing is solid and a breeze to install. I would recommend it to anyone. I will be sending a couple pics for the customer ride in a few days.

sorry dont know how to post pics ,but here is the way I mounted my skid from Bruce, Im totally happy with it.
thanks Bruce

crossmemberskidbolt.jpg

skidplate.jpg

fixed

Although I see you mounted it a bit differently. Any reason for that?

Last edited:

I don't know how strong that will be...I mean I doubt it's going to rip out but it's definitely not as strong as if it were mounted to the front of the cross member using the cross member as a support against upward pressure. Let me know how that turns out.

Got one today for the 231 looks very solid cant wait to get it on the jeep..

Oh and i bought it brand new for 60$ in hand . Bought it from a guy in town who never got to putting it on his jeep. Big thanks out to Mike for the great deal and also to Bruce for making a product that is actually worth the money

Just wanted to let everybody know that we're legit as a sponsor on here now!

Mods...is there a way to get the title of this thread changed from "BruceB83's Skid Plate install..." to "Appalachian Armor's Skid Plate install..." so it's relevant if somebody searches our name? This is a pretty good thread for people, I don't want it to get lost because people cannot find it. Thanks!

Bruce,

Nice transfer skid plate. Seems solid. Will be field testing it all summer.
Thanks for the great product.
Jeep103.jpg

Back