• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have a summer sunday car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old DD is now my summer toy. 1967 Chevy bigwindow, 99 vette LS1 & T-56 6-speed, bunch of street and performance goodies completely shaved and its bright amber pearle. Oh and it'll spin thru 3 w/o the brakes and throw down smoke. I bought the 00 XJ to be a DD but now its on 35's and im thinking about another DD.

jeepguy97 said:
As you can see, he said "just like", not "its the exact same one as in the movie." I'm not taking sides, but I don't see why you need to keep hounding him with this.

Well, if somebody told me they had a car "just like" the Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit I would expect it to be a black Trans Am with a T-top, not a different model car altogether.

I've thought about another Turbo K-Car, if I can find a or nearly rust free one, once we move down south. Maybe a Lebaron GTS/Dodge Lancer or Lebaron coupe/GTC Coupe, I've even recently thought getting a well used Turbo Caravan and stripping it for drag strip use (ala Gus Mahon's Mean Mini and Paul Smiths Bad Ass Mini Van) and occasional street use.

With the whole boat thing, when I drove Dad's black and silver, 275K mile, '90 Cherokee Laredo to work when my XJ was in the shop this summer, the boss lady couldn't figure out how I managed to ruin my Moss Green Pearl '98 Cherokee Limited like that in just over a year's time.

bjoehandley said:
I've thought about another Turbo K-Car...

What you need to get is an Omni GLH. Saw one a few years back tearing up the drag strip...I was laughing the whole time.

That little GLH was a monster. I didn't even know it was a GLH until he took off. I saw this little hatchback and thought the dude was just screwing around. Imagine my surprise...

ECKSJAY said:
The late, great Gus Mahon would be proud. He was such a nice guy.

Indeed he was. Would help anyone that asked of him. Answered dozens of my stupid questions while I was rebuilding my GLH.

VW vs. SD???

If I sold my Spec, I need another daily driver for better gas milage. My cousins 89 CSX is one option. I would love to search out an 87 GLHS, a 87 CSX, or I will be going for a VW, due to discounts I can get.

JMotorsprt said:
If I sold my Spec, I need another daily driver for better gas milage.

Get a Chevette and slap a turbo in there. RWD, 300 lbs, and turbo-charged pimp-ness. Who can argue with that?!?!?

My summer toy is a 96 XJ with a BB and 30's. I got a 96 XJ with 30's and a BB as a DD. I want to find a cheap RWD sporty something (hopefully w/at least decent mpg) as my 1/2DD and toy. But more important is getting the wife something to drive and working on my XJ.

Zmoz: Why have a 67 Fastback with a 390 if you don't drive it? And how did a Mustang that (as far as I know) isn't a collectible double in value?

Yes, toy and DD are same vehicle.

I think it'd be fun to get a Fiero (one of the later years, 87 or so) and swap in a Bonneville SSEi 3800 Series SC'd V6. I figure the FWD transverse mounted engine mounted in the engine bay of a mid-mounted vehicle should work out pretty good and the extra power and torque would be quite nice.

2004 Pontiac GTO! After following the Aussie Holden Monaro for a few years and wishing GM would get their act together to build something to fill the gap that the Camaro / Firebird left behind, I had to get one. Very theraputic to hammer the 6 speed thru the gears while cruising up in the mountains!

Got a '46 Oldsmobile coupe that will get 'rodded with an injected 350, 700R4 and Camaro subframe...... got aspirations to hit the Hot Rod Power Tour someday.

But there's still nuthin' like loading up the XJ and hitting the trails on a warm summer Sunday.....

Is your GTO using the LS1 or LS2? Either way, them things don't get enough respect. Great car. Unfortunately, probably the only way I'll ever drive one is in Need For Speed Underground 2...:(

I'm another one that my weekend warrior is a Honda CBR 600. Two wheels for me also. Got the Jeep to get going off road and the Honda to run the corners. But, living in FL, i can ride almost all year round.

Tylor

"Hope you don't mind me posting a sexy-as-hell photo of you in your matching T/A gear."

Haha..dont mind at all. Ill have to find some gear like that when its gets warm....

"Go back and try doing that without using the brakes ...
Then see how much smoke it makes."

Thats easy...it wont make much... Like I said..not a straight liner right now. 305 TPI... But...the brake stand is a nice way to send off old tires and a rear... :)

KaHOnas wrote:

Wow. I feel a little behind the power curve here...all these toys. I have an '86 Fiero GT that needs a tune-up! How's that?

I think the old Fiero GT's are underappreciated. Those cars had some potential.

Don't feel too bad, my MG probably puts out HP ratings on the mid 50's at the rear wheel. they were realy choked down with emmissions junk in the end. I think your standard econo box could take it on a straight. But it is fun to drive.

I wish we still had my fathers old Porche 914. Those are neat cars. Unfortunately it's rockers and body didn't like the winters on Long Island.

Copperhead

Car: 2004.5 Jetta GLI
740330_38.jpg

Motorcycle: 1999 Suzuki Katana 600
740330_36.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back