• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have a summer sunday car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZmOz said:
My summer vehicle is my boat...a '72 Glastron. Just like the one used in the boat chase in "live and let die".

ZmOZ said:
Yes, they used a modified GT-150 in the movie; the only difference between that and my CV-16 is that it's a foot shorter and the windshield supports are a bit different. The transom is exactly the same. The link you posted for "glastron's website" is NOT an official glastron website. Yes, my boat is rated for a max of 120hp, but I have 150hp on there, and that's what has been there since 1972.

So I guess it's not just like the one used in the movie, is it? And the official Glastron Site about halfway down the page references the GT-150 as well.

Last edited:
Cayuse said:
So I guess it's not just like the one used in the movie, is it?

It's close enough. It's like the difference between a '96 XJ and a '97 XJ. You ask anyone that's never owned one and most won't be able to tell them apart. Now, untwist your panties for a little while.

ZmOz said:
It's close enough. It's like the difference between a '96 XJ and a '97 XJ. You ask anyone that's never owned one and most won't be able to tell them apart. Now, untwist your panties for a little while.

It either is or it isn't, in this case it's not. You seem to get called out on most of the Jeep forums for spouting BS so why should this one be any different?

I have a few summer rides.

4 wheels:
1980 MGB, which was my daily driver up until I moved to NH a few years
ago.(I now have the 4wd Jeep as my DD)

2 wheels:
1969 Norton Commando "S"
1974 BMW R90/6 (my touring bike) that is ridden from when the snow melts
until it starts falling again.

We are near the ocean and my wife has taken an interest in sailing again. My family had an old Oday 22, and our friends a 30' Pearson Coaster. I have been wanting to get back on the water for some time, and am thinking a nice sailboat would be good to have. More money than I can do at this timw though.

Copperhead

Copperhead

Cayuse said:
You seem to get called out on most of the Jeep forums for spouting BS so why should this one be any different?

Called out on most of the jeep forums? The only time I get "called out" is by a dumbass on JU, and he's just that, a dumbass. He knows absolutely nothing about me or what I do, yet claims everything I say is bullshit, with no proof of said bullshit. If you don't believe me I really don't care, it makes no difference to me. Sounds to me like you need to get some hobbies.

Take a look at the blue CV-16 at the bottom here:
http://www.classicglastron.com/72gl-carlson-index-web.html
And the red GT-150 in the middle here:
http://www.classicglastron.com/72gl-gts.html
As you can see, they're 99% the same boat.

ZmOz said:
Called out on most of the jeep forums? The only time I get "called out" is by a dumbass on JU, and he's just that, a dumbass. He knows absolutely nothing about me or what I do, yet claims everything I say is bullshit, with no proof of said bullshit. If you don't believe me I really don't care, it makes no difference to me. Sounds to me like you need to get some hobbies.

Take a look at the blue CV-16 at the bottom here:
http://www.classicglastron.com/72gl-carlson-index-web.html
And the red GT-150 in the middle here:
http://www.classicglastron.com/72gl-gts.html
As you can see, they're 99% the same boat.

They're close but they're not the same now are they?

Ill chime in...hope you dont mind pics tho...
87 Trans AM, used to be my daily driver. Then I picked up a "beater" jeep for $600....now that is my daily driver and I barely drive the bird. haha...funny how that worked out. Its not the fastest in a straight line yet, but it handles like its on rails. Plus I think its sexy as hell.

265998_39_full.jpg

265998_16_full.jpg

265998_25_full.jpg

I even used to drive it in the bad weather... :/
265998_28_full.jpg

Justin

Wow. I feel a little behind the power curve here...all these toys. I have an '86 Fiero GT that needs a tune-up! How's that?

Oooh, I also have a 1150 HP Lotus Esprit...(in Gran Turismo *ahem*)

And now, back to reality.

Last edited:
Im trying to get my dads 1973 BMW 2002 tii running so we (me) can drive around in that when the weather is nicer. Hoping that if I can get it running, he will actaully let me drive it.

ECKSJAY said:
How many e-hobbies are you up to now?

None. Like I've said before, why would I lie about anything like this? What would I have to gain? I couldn't possibly care less what a group of morons from the internet believes or doesn't believe about me. Anybody getting obsessed with this kind of BS needs to take a step back for a minute and realize that you're just on an internet message board....

ZmOz said:
None. Like I've said before, why would I lie about anything like this? What would I have to gain? I couldn't possibly care less what a group of morons from the internet believes or doesn't believe about me. Anybody getting obsessed with this kind of BS needs to take a step back for a minute and realize that you're just on an internet message board....

All talk, kiddo. Are your AOL minutes almost up? I can send you another disk...

:rattle:

Wow. This is what happens when I leave the country for a year?

Can't we all just get along? :kissyou:

*bracing*

-=- originally posted by ZmOz -=-
I learned with a stick welder and now with that I can make NASA quality welds.

I'm currently turning a '66 mustang into a boat.

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000709;p=1#000006

-=- originally posted by ZmOz -=-I'm actually going to open up a power generation facility soon, making about 1,000 killowatts running on used oil.
Yep...power company pays $0.05/KWH, I'll let you do the math. Basically I'm selling used oil to the power company at about $2/gallon. I'm thinking about getting a furnace for my house that will burn used oil too...

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000748;p=1#000010

Pretty good actually, thanks for asking. I have a contract with the L.A. Department of Water and Power to provide them with up to 300 megawatts per month starting in February. Within a year or so, I am going to be opening up a heated boat/RV storage facility on the same location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back