• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98XJ: Project Salsa

I have a bolt on MJ snowplow and some oceanfront property in arizona I would like to sell you!

Yep, but only if you can show me how you bolt the plow frame on. I'll even relocate the bridge for you.

clarification:

they will be bolt in. the rear is done, its sitting at my buddy's FD. front needs to be built, but everything is included in the purchase price, save for the OX... the axle was going to be built with a spool originally.

front truss is part of the ballistic mount set i think... its kinda lame.

got the middle stiffeners on tonight.. my buddy trevor did pretty much all of the welding, i still need some practice and aint so good laying down on my side welding upside down...

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

and the 60...
IMG_0395.jpg

it needs ubolt perches, prob gonna build ubolt eliminators.

Last edited:
not much to report...

44 is trussed and at the shop with the ox waiting for gears to go in
189071_10150122959384151_697214150_6654214_5389314_n.jpg

i gotta source some flat tops for it now..

picked up a 20lb CO2 tank with hose, fittings, regulator, powertank bracket etc for cheap
IMG_0780.jpg

this post is cat-approved
IMG_0781.jpg

whoa, i have a cat that looks crazy similar to that

Adam, I really would connect that truss to the coilbucket and to the drivers tube. That was a lot of housing that was taken off and have severely weakened that side. I wouldn't do any jumping on that if I was you. It would be one thing if the housing removed was on the other side, but you have just mutliplied the force on the remaining housing greatly.

Yeah... it looks to me like it was removed all the way back to the plug weld? That would scare the hell out of me.

Adam, I really would connect that truss to the coilbucket and to the drivers tube. That was a lot of housing that was taken off and have severely weakened that side. I wouldn't do any jumping on that if I was you. It would be one thing if the housing removed was on the other side, but you have just mutliplied the force on the remaining housing greatly.

the truss is welded to the driver's side tube, i'll be throwing a gusset to the coil bucket too. its also welded back to the tube around where it was cut

Yeah... it looks to me like it was removed all the way back to the plug weld? That would scare the hell out of me.

it isnt, the top is cut off a decent ways from it. i guess the pic makes it look worse.

If the coil bucket has all tube underneath it, then it was cut all the way back to the plug weld from the way the pic shows it.

I can see the other plug weld beneath the carrier spreader hole.

Either way, it scares the hell out of me if you plan on the front end leaving the ground at all.

Either way, it scares the hell out of me if you plan on the front end leaving the ground at all.

X2 it scares me without even leaving the ground to be honest. Instead of cutting the entire radius around the housing like Clayton style, the whole top half of the housing was removed. There probably only 1.5" of fully surround tube now. Yes the housing was welding to the tube, but there nothing/less above the tube to support it. The truss piece falls too close to the center, it should be out further to better support the tube. The truss shoulda been built out the the inner c and then notched for the coil bucket.

X2 it scares me without even leaving the ground to be honest. Instead of cutting the entire radius around the housing like Clayton style, the whole top half of the housing was removed. There probably only 1.5" of fully surround tube now. Yes the housing was welding to the tube, but there nothing/less above the tube to support it. The truss piece falls too close to the center, it should be out further to better support the tube. The truss shoulda been built out the the inner c and then notched for the coil bucket.
yeah... and the further from the center of the diff housing it is, the more it counts. By the time you get to what's left on that, it has nowhere near the strengthening effect the outer portions do.

I honestly don't know what I'd do to re-strengthen it, probably truss the hell out of it like Ross said and maybe add a smallish section of truss on the bottom. Certainly fully weld the perimeter of the housing to the tube.

Certainly fully weld the perimeter of the housing to the tube.

thats already done.

its getting a few extra pieces of bracing here and there, albeit my fab skills arent insane but i honestly think you guys are over thinking it. how much support does a D30 have? a waggy 44? i've never seen those crumble even completely stock.

My HP44 when I first got it. Clayton went as far over as the carrier spreading hole.

n41902041_31084335_3436048.jpg

Not saying yours is going to fall apart, but it would just make me REALLY nervous.

Back