• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98XJ: Project Salsa

i dont remember any of that. thought he just meant go phastuh!

i dont remember any of that. thought he just meant go phastuh!

this.

i originally wanted to stay true to jeepspeed rules minus the addition of a front D44. my plans have changed, but i still want to build a 'do-it-all' XJ... crawl, camp, go fast, daily drive, long-term expeditions, and weekend trips... i'll be able to do everything well, but not one thing awesome. i'm aiming for a bit more lift than i'd like in the rocks, but that'll help me with everything else. the axles are a bit heavier and wider than i originally wanted, but i'll barely have to worry about breakage and i get fantastically huge brakes and i'll have to run blingin 17s. it's all compromise.

the axles were going to go under my buddy trevor's xj (the kid who jump his exo'd rig like 8ft at RC) but he's trading his cummins for a minty built rubi TJ

the cage WILL have dimple die tie ins, i had my jeep on the lift today and andrew and i discussed cage ideas. the biggest issue he sees (and it makes sense to me) is the lack of tie ins to the unibody's structure. sure you can tie into the 'framerails' but even if theyre reinforced, the cage is still separate from the body, which is a no-no on a unibody. we threw a few cool ideas around and decided on a halo-style hybrid exo-cage, a-pillarup from the fenders and around the roof... b and c pillars through the roof inside the truck, and i'm not sure if i want the d pillar inside or out yet. we did draw some stuff, but thats all top secret for now :shhh:

i'm aiming for the truck to be 100% done by the end of june. hopefully the cage will be done by spring (and built by me and andrew in the shop) so once it's warm i can start buying suspension and throwing it all together. axles are about 75% built, i need to buy a front locker and steering and thats pretty much it.

I like salsa, it tastes good on tortilla chips :thumbup:

Damn. That sounds nice. get'er dun.

Oh and Dimple dies FTW... but according to Pirate...so last year.

This year is all about the rolled tube. Incorporate that plzkthx. I am thinking something along the lines of this.

3037407588_e1202ed7c4.jpg

i "hehehe'd" for a different reason than not liking. :)

OH :doh:

bumps will be airbumps, fronts inside the coils. idk bout the rears yet.

Why do most Guys wanna put there bumps in there... it seems like a big headache to me to put em there.

It seems like something like this would be much easier... ESP. if you have lawngarms.

bumps2.jpg

i like the plan. do it to it.

OH :doh:

Why do most Guys wanna put there bumps in there... it seems like a big headache to me to put em there.

It seems like something like this would be much easier... ESP. if you have lawngarms.

bumps2.jpg
I like the look of this but... is that a stock passenger side UCA mount?!

gonna fold like a taco!

WE GOT NO ENGINES TED!

Gonna be ready for next weekend? Oh sweet

cool! When's it going in?

I have to wonder if that truss was just for looks though.

Back