• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98XJ: Project Salsa

I saw a kid with some on his CJ-5. worked well. Basically a big piece of DOM slid over the hub, with three flange that grabbed 3 nuts that threaded on the rest of the lug stud.

Is that first pic of Indepedence trail in colorado? It sure does look like it.

Liberty trail in the Independance trail system penrose Colorado.

Stoked to see how this looks when done. Think black H2's would look dope on that :thumbup:

Stoked to see how this looks when done. Think black H2's would look dope on that :thumbup:

yup. or dark grey.

look at some pics of travis' old jeep too

it really aint that bad when i look at it. i was aiming for sam's width on this truck, the fullwidths with H2s look pretty close to that.

i'm calling rockkrawler tomorrow to price out suspension as well as confirm specs for mounting lower arm mounts, gonna call clayton as well to see how much a price is on their 4 link (not y-link) as well.

oh yah.

i'm perusing pirate trying to find head on pics of XJs on 44s to see how wide they is.

Look at Dan estatios rig hes got a full width 44 up front and xj 44 rear on 35s

Look at Dan estatios rig hes got a full width 44 up front and xj 44 rear on 35s

yea his aint wide either.

i'm pretty damn stoked to build this baby up. gonna be upstate tomorrow and will be stopping by my buddy's shop to talk cage design.. he's an FIA certified cage designer btw.

59827_485647806872_534521872_6749956_3368472_n.jpg

mmmmmmmm

yea his aint wide either.

i'm pretty damn stoked to build this baby up. gonna be upstate tomorrow and will be stopping by my buddy's shop to talk cage design.. he's an FIA certified cage designer btw.

59827_485647806872_534521872_6749956_3368472_n.jpg

mmmmmmmm
Jeep is meh, that cage is cool, is that an RS coupe?

Lawl I wantsta see it all BA with cool axles and big boy tirez.

I thought you were going with a Jeepspeed build?

who says 3/4 ton axles and 35's cant go fast? did i miss something?

Plans are the rockkrawler 4-link and 35s, a beefier than a D30 front axle, full unibody bracing and a hybrid cage. i want this to be a very capable but very streetable truck that can drive a long distance at a moment's notice, wheel & camp, then drive home w/o an issue.

That doesn't sound like a JeepSpeed rig to me... Sounds like an all around wheeler.

That cage in whatevah vehicle that is looks nicey nice. Are you going to have some dimples in some metal???

Where did ya get the axles????

UPDATES plz. When are plans for it to be done. I think I read it somewhere in the Lots-o-post thread but if I start lookinig for it I might grow a beard.

Last edited:
who says 3/4 ton axles and 35's cant go fast? did i miss something?

I didnt mean it as it isnt possible. but usually when you think of jeepspeed (or a jeep set up for jeepspeed), you dont think of a 44 and a 60. you can certainly go as fast as you want. Its just not the Jeepspeed setup he was always talking about thats all.

Back