• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Monster Cherokee

That musta come off wrong that wasn't attack at you at all so sorry if it came across like it was. I'm from Vegas and I know that the dessert has some prett nasty stuff hidden in it. I'm new to the hard trails out here myself. I'm just saying the hard trails out here have a way with fi ding all the looked over areas and exploiting them. And it's a whole lot different then the desert. Just like I'm sure az would hand me my lunch. So again sorry if it came off like an attack on you. It was meant as a broad statement for something/someone built and used to different scenarios being out here. :thumbup:

Ya that does suck cuz even our smokies don't make the right faces sometimes. Shoulda put
*insert green with envy smiley lookin it over all excited to see how it all works on the trail*

Then said I wanna see how it does on the hard stuff out here.

That musta come off wrong that wasn't attack at you at all so sorry if it came across like it was. I'm from Vegas and I know that the dessert has some prett nasty stuff hidden in it. I'm new to the hard trails out here myself. I'm just saying the hard trails out here have a way with fi ding all the looked over areas and exploiting them. And it's a whole lot different then the desert. Just like I'm sure az would hand me my lunch. So again sorry if it came off like an attack on you. It was meant as a broad statement for something/someone built and used to different scenarios being out here. :thumbup:

No worries bud, I tried not to come off harsh either. Everyone builds there rig a little different, but thats not really the point of this post. I want to make clear "for the record..." LOL, I was asked to build my rig like this for a magazine article that will be coming out sometime in the fall... with out spoiling to much of the write up, the point the writer wanted to hit on is: there's all kinds of new hype about the new 4-door JK, but after all the XJ's were the first four door to ever hit the trails long before the JK was even conceived on the drawing board. The idea was that a lot of JK's upgrading to d60 etc, leave many great bargains for axles up for grabs.... the XJ's (and other Jeep's) are able to take advantage of the left over components etc. So...because I was building our shop JK (D60, etc..), he asked me to build my XJ with the left over axles, but of course with his connections he wanted it to be flashy as well...I couldnt say no to "free" upgraded axles components and other component upgrades. Also, being able to build my rig for a story (not on my dime), was hard to argue with....long story short....is it how I would build my rig if that money was coming out of my pocket?...not really. But, it make for a good story and I wanted to support the writer's need/idea for a editorial. I have 2 more XJ and neither look or are built like my 96. So, like i said, everyone builds there rig a little different and now you'll have a better idea/understanding of why I built it the way I did. She'll get beat up now that the photo shoots finished!! :roflmao: can't wait to hit the rubicon later this month, it will be nice to have a little brake from the norm! anyway.....i hope that all came out right :laugh:

Wow, a not-even-your-checkbook rig... :eyes:

Just to clarify - I am not ripping on you there, I am insanely jealous. And you built it yourself so it's the most awesome kind of checkbook rig possible!

interested in seeing the XJ's built how you want...sucks to build something how someone else deems it needs to be done...that takes all the fun out of it...

interested in seeing the XJ's built how you want...sucks to build something how someone else deems it needs to be done...that takes all the fun out of it...

Funny thing about that is before I started this whole mess, my XJ had almost the exact some specs as yours! I diffenetly like it, its clean and simple, and thats how I like to build them

hahaha nice..i have a few things i want to change to make it work a bit better but i like simple build, low and wide. ...i like stuff that if it breaks i can run to JY to grab replacement lol...

I Like the sliders that are on it now as opposed to before. Got any before pics? before you put it on the lift and put the new axles in.

Back