• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Monster Cherokee

cpolish24

NAXJA Forum User
I FINALLY finished my build on the '96 XJ!!

Spec's:

-Stock motor (small upgrades, nothin special)

-JK 65.35" Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 Axles - Chromoly Shafts w/ CTM joints - 5.38 Gears - electric front locker - ARB Rear locker

-Fox 12" Coilovers front - 11" Shocks rear

-37" Goodyear Kevlar's - 17" Raceline Beadlocks

-PSC Ram

-Lots of new OR-Fab Product!!

ENJOY!!

Started with this....

96_Cherokee.jpg

Ended with this!

Cherokee_96.jpg

Cherokee_96-3.jpg

Cherokee_96-4.jpg

Cherokee_96-7.jpg

Cherokee_96-9-3.jpg

Cherokee_96-9-1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Very nice. Lots of quality parts in that build.

Curious about the steering set up though....... Why so low with the tie rod?

Otherwise, I dig it. :thumbup:

If it's built to be a dependable weekend wheeler on some easy to moderate trails, I think it looks pretty good. For anything more than that, I think you'll find there are a lot of shortcomings and things that were overlooked.

There is a lot of nice stuff there, but I'm guessing you don't wheel that much, or that aggressively, do you?

Haha, not even close guys! True(I have kept the body damage to a minimal... but that's only because I've been lucky, and had a lot of close calls) for the last 3 year I have been lucky enough to use my rig for work and take it along with me to lots of events. Last year alone I took my xj to Moab 3x, Rubicon Trail 2x, J V 1x, big bear, ca 1x, lots of local AZ trails including Smasher canyon, & Brutal.

I've been building the xj since jan 2nd the last day I wheeled it (new years day with some friends and family). I have been very blessed from my job, and not because I'm able to spend a bunch of money on my rig, but because I was able to get a bunch of sponsors for the rig. I didn't spend much of my own money at all really (I'm really happy about that!) The xj only looks like a mall crawler....for now...because everything is new! I just finished it this morning and washend it because boss needed some pic's for an ad that they were working on for july. Haha xome to think of it...that's the first time its been washed(clean) in a long time.

And no, this thing will not be babied. It only has to look good for next weekend. I will be taking it to big bear, for a photo shoot for 4 wheel drived and sport utility. After that...well I'm not going to be easy on it at all.

I can't wait to take it out! Its been over 5 months since I even drove it! To long...

Very nice. Lots of quality parts in that build.

Curious about the steering set up though....... Why so low with the tie rod?

Otherwise, I dig it. :thumbup:

Yeah...I don't like it much either. But it works great. Its the stock JK steering setup with 1.5" solid chromoly link. I will upgrade the link with a flip kit when I getg some more time.

Looks good. I really dig the square KC's. I have been thinking about adding square lights to mine instead of round to match the headlights. Nice, very nice.
BS01

Looks good. I really dig the square KC's. I have been thinking about adding square lights to mine instead of round to match the headlights. Nice, very nice.
BS01

I've been really happy with them. They are the 55w HID's long range lamps. the only thing that I wish I did different is to get 2 long range and 2 driving floods. I've had them for about a year and use them all the time, never had any over heating problem.

Needs a gas tank skid.

How did you get sponsors?

Awesome rig.

I'd hate to see the reciepts....LOL Great job on a very nice build.

Your Superline XD and hawse fairlead shipped today from Master-Pull. Sweet looking jeep though, I still hate the flares. ;)

-Alex

Great! Thanks for the help! I know, but that gives me something to build when I get back. Will have to take that cheez off that you have on there now, and get you a stiffer set. Lol

Side note:

As far as frame stiffeners and gas skid, I have a set of stiffener, but time ran a little short on me to get them on(mod them to fit) before this trip(I still have a 4 door JK to finish by wednsday). Gas tank skid, I'm not to worried about yet, when I get som extra time I'll build one for it.

My rig is still a work in progress, my main focus was to get the axle under it. You guys know these projects are never finished when you want them to be...

cool rig, dont mind the broke haters.

:laugh:

Everyone like something different. I'm just happy to have it done...I can't wait to take it out next week!

Really the only thing that counts is that my wife likes it!(few months before I started the build) I had calls from people saying that they saw my jeep in town when I wasn't driving it that day (it should have been at home). Call my wife up and ask her what she's up to, and she's on her way out of town for a drive....crazy girl went out wheelin with out me! :explosion

You gotta love a good woman. My mom used to get out and walk when my dad was out wheelin'. My woman believes I got it under control and last time we were in CO she talked me into going over Poughkeepsie instead of running Engineer again. Sounds like you got a keeper!
BS01

Back