• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st Annual Uwharrie OHV Jamboree ~ Mar. 30th - April 1st

Thanks Eli for your efforts in this event I ( that includes about 8-10 others) will attend and offer our help in (most) any way that yall need it. Allready got the underground house booked for that weekend. see ya there.:cheers:

Ok I emailed Scott and we have a space. I need to send him a digital copy of our logo for the website and t-shirts. Do we have a specific file for that?

Also, for the booth, my goal is to make a small display showing what the club does event wise and also what we donate. Some specifics I can think of:
The Crawl: Going to put up info and pictures about previous crawls, as well as the 2012. Any objections to using pictures posted on the forum?
Clrustys build: pictures and the story behind that. I can grab info from that thread
URE trail donations: I think I remember the details of that and pictures in a thread
Anniversary trip and giveaway: should be able to grab that info from the members forum.
Benefits of membership: show the membership info and maybe a list of forum sponsors and the discounts available?
If I can get a laptop with wireless service I'll have that for people to browse the site.

Some stuff I will need help with is the donations from the SEC and the donations of the National board. Where they go and why. Who do I contact for that info?

Just as a note, from talking to Nick this morning, it looks like we have only one parking space included? So for those who are planning to come, looks like we may have to find other parking arrangements.

Also a thought... Could we offer an incentive for people who sign up a for a membership due to the event? I'll take down their name/address/phone number and when they purchase a membership send us a message and we can send them a SEC sticker?

Also a thought... Could we offer an incentive for people who sign up a for a membership due to the event? I'll take down their name/address/phone number and when they purchase a membership send us a message and we can send them a SEC sticker?

Membership is national. You would need to deal with them. AS for donations we have donated to Frineds of Uwharrie 3 times now? or is it two? Mark.... Don't forget the Blueribbon donation and we donated to the Tellico fight IIRC way back when that started.

After a quick search, per the new t-shirt design contest, it looks like we don't have a vector image available so I sent him the .gif logo from the top of the page.

I can't speak for Scott, since he is the main organizer of this event. But I will try to speak for the areas I am working on, including the webpage.

As far as a logo goes if its on the web and of a decent size I can usually get it to work with the webpage. Just let me know if you want to use the national logo, or the South East Chapter Logo.

I was supposed to walk the property with Scott (and Glenn if you had wanted to) after our trail hike at URE this past Saturday. But we ended up hiking some other areas and by the time we got back to the Outpost there wasn't much time or energy left to go survey the UORTC property where the main portion of the event will be held. So I was hoping to have a better idea about the additional parking situation, but I will have to talk with Scott about that.

As far as the donations to Friends of Uwharrie (which is involved with this event) goes, we have gotten 2 donations from National and 2 from SEC (June and December of last year). Which we greatly appreciate, and we will be putting to use this workday coming up next weekend.

@Bill its good to hear you and Alex will be making it out and have nabbed up the Underground House. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again. And we do need all the volunteers we can get to help with the event. Some of the Friends of Uwharrie (NC4X4) volunteers will be helping with this also, but the more the merrier!

So, last time I was there we camped in the parking lot. I haven't been in 5 years...

Is the camping still the same? I should be able to pay for everything at the Outpost when I get there, correct?

As far as parking... Scott told me that the trailer parking next to the outpost will still be used for that purpose. Parking will be available there and across the street at the training center with a back up lot at the Smith horse building. Andy, I doubt you will get space to camp at the outpost this time. There are a couple paid campgrounds in URE, I think we stayed at Arrowhead last time? Any spot you want to pitch along the trails is free void posted areas.

Raider... I sent Scott the .gif which he said he would pass on, but I think it would be best to use the National logo.

Nick, send me your e-mail. Mark has the SEC logo in a jpeg file.

Well, they money has been coming from both parties, but the SEC is where the decision lies of where to donate. The SEC logo includes the NAXJA logo. I can send both the NAXJA and SEC banners to Tim so you would have dual representaion at the booth.

Last edited:
As far as parking... Scott told me that the trailer parking next to the outpost will still be used for that purpose. Parking will be available there and across the street at the training center with a back up lot at the Smith horse building. Andy, I doubt you will get space to camp at the outpost this time. There are a couple paid campgrounds in URE, I think we stayed at Arrowhead last time? Any spot you want to pitch along the trails is free void posted areas.

Raider... I sent Scott the .gif which he said he would pass on, but I think it would be best to use the National logo.

I would LIKE to camp in a campground but if not I guess the side of the trail will do.

Glenn, where did we stay when I was with you guys?

I've always stayed at Arrowhead. The wife likes to have a bath house.

I might make this, depends on the family and if I'm seriously broken from WF. I don't know if I can stand around all day at the booth though. The boys are only 4 and 6 and it's not fair to ask the mrs to watch them all day.

In my neck of the woods, 4 hours to go wheeling is 50% of anywhere else :roll:

I've always stayed at Arrowhead. The wife likes to have a bath house.

I might make this, depends on the family and if I'm seriously broken from WF. I don't know if I can stand around all day at the booth though. The boys are only 4 and 6 and it's not fair to ask the mrs to watch them all day.

In my neck of the woods, 4 hours to go wheeling is 50% of anywhere else :roll:

No reason to stick around the booth the whole time, that's what Tim and I are there for. Just at least stop by and say hey, then go have some good time wheelin!

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/A...ode=NRSO&parkId=73839&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

That is the link to make reservations at Arrowhead. Get your reservation in before they get nabbed up.

I read through all the replies and it sounds like you guys want to go with the SEC Logo? The best I could find:

naxjac.png

So I guess this is going to be a camp where ya can and meet on the trail Saturday morning kinda thing?

If we don't all plan to be together I'm going to go ahead and reserve my spot.

Back