• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st Annual Uwharrie OHV Jamboree ~ Mar. 30th - April 1st

DRaider90

NAXJA Forum User
Scott Fields has been working with the Forest Service, Outpost Owner Chris Cagle, and a list of Dealers, Vendors, etc to bring you the 1st Annual Uwharrie OHV Jamboree. The biggest part of this event is Scott worked with Head Ranger Deborah Walker to get the trails opened 2 days early (March 30th instead of April 1st).

Check out the flyer below, and the website at:

http://uwharriejamboree.angelfire.com

uwharrieohvjamboree.jpg

As the flyer denotes there will be space available for 4x4 and ATV Clubs to set up booths. NAXJA is more than welcome to come and set up, just get in contact with Scott at [email protected] or 336-906-1644 .

The Volunteer Effort will be a big part of this event. The Forest Service will have a booth setup, and Scott is getting a prize together for the Volunteer that has the most hours/days put in. Hope to see you guys out there.

Thanks Eli. I'm sure that there will be some NAXJA folks show up to help and ride.

Come on SEC, let's support these guys and help them to keep these trails open.

We've been able to contribute funds to help maintain these trails, so let's get out there and enjoy them.

Thanks Eli. Will keep my eye on this.

I will be there, as will the majority of the Triad Trail Junkies Club, I will be manning our booth (Provided I talk to Scott soon, Ive been crazy busy with work)

If anyone from NAXJA wants to get involved, we can probably haul another table and I know we have an extra canopy to protect from the sun and what not.

Or if anyone from NAXJA is up for the weekend and just wants to say hey, come by, we will be camping all weekend, and have a fire at night, probably grill some food, and hang out, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Looks like there will be a nice turn out from dealers/vendors across the area.

Here are just a couple to get an idea:

Hendrick Chrysler/Jeep will be out there:

dealer-logo.png

Bass Pro Shops, which is also an Artic cat Dealer:

BassProShopsLogo.jpg
arctic_cat_logo.gif

Bobcat dealer RS Braswell will have an UTV and T-190:
R-S-Braswell,49779A5F.jpg

Midstate Toyota Dealership:
images

John Deere Dealer/UTV-ATV/Equipment:
john-deere-logo.jpg

World Class Powersports which is also a Polaris Dealer:
wcp2011150.jpg
polaris-logo.gif

Beyond that Scott is also working on getting a prize together for the Trail Volunteering efforts out at Uwharrie. Basic concept being the volunteer that logs the most hours/days this year will win a prize.

Put on top of that the swap meet, food, drinks, etc and this event will be a blast.

I will look at coming up for the event on Saturday but I doubt I could swing a weekend of it.

The website has been completely re-designed to keep up with the size of this event (which keeps growing). If you haven't checked out the website, or haven't seen seen the new updates check it out here:

http://uwharriejamboree.angelfire.com

If you are having any issues with the website just let me or Scott know and I will address them. :greensmok

watch that AW4 on those long drives!

I will talk to Ed about getting the SEC banner and running a booth and maybe dragging a Charlotte guy (Tim!) or two out with me. I know we have a good amount of info about what we do both locally and nationally for the wheeling community. Won't be too hard to put that into a nice display. Will also have to coordinate my Jeep going under the knife around this, so it's a maybe for the moment.

I will talk to Ed about getting the SEC banner and running a booth and maybe dragging a Charlotte guy (Tim!) or two out with me. I know we have a good amount of info about what we do both locally and nationally for the wheeling community. Won't be too hard to put that into a nice display. Will also have to coordinate my Jeep going under the knife around this, so it's a maybe for the moment.

Keep me posted. I have a lot of shit in my life right now but if you and Tim try and do a table I'll try and help al I can. Get with the event coordinator asap he is running out of room.

Let us know what you need and we will do our best to help.

Last time I talked with Scott about space availability the space for Dealerships/Companies is full, but there is still space for Clubs and the Swap Meet. I know Scott will be out at Uwharrie this weekend for the trail hike, I might be able to make it out there (I won't know till last minute) so I could mention it to him that you guys are getting stuff together to do a booth setup. :compwork:

Banner looked great when we had it for the beach this summer.

I could probably swing a day trip. Not sure how much wheeling (if any) i'll be doing as i'm on borrowed time with my front axle and tcase :explosion

I'll definitely do whatever I can to help. In terms of getting the banner, Ed I don't remember it costing too much when I shipped it back to you over the summer. If it's cheaper to send it to me vs. to Nick no problem, just let me know and i'll shoot you the address to send it to (my work).

The SEC and NAXJA banners are pretty new, made in the last 3 years or so. I've got 'em if you need 'em. We will get them to whatever address you provide. PM me and they will be on the way.

Back