• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Comanche Build(AKA the POS Jeep)

So I bought a plasma, been working more on my buddies XJ to get it out of my garage so that I can get back to my project...

But I've been doing a little shopping and I'm going to be buying a set of tires soon but can't decide which route to go...it doesn't really matter either way if it's bias or radial...but here are the tires I'm looking with the sizes and prices. Can I get advice from you guys on each type in the size listed?
image_zpsfbqizyrn.png

For shear durability the TSL is hard to beat. It has the strongest sidewalls for rocks. Traction is good at low pressures. The Treps are the tire for rocks IMHO. I've wheeled with guys on treps and they walk stuff I cannot climb with my TSL's. But then again they are comp treps not radials. That's my personal experience.

Bais non-stickie Treps (or Creepies), don't bother with the radials. I'm a huge fanboy of them, the sidewalls and tires take a beating!

Bias treps would be another $730ish bucks...obviously the price of the Bias LTB peeks my interest but I don't know anyone with first hand experience. I want to make the right purchase and not waste the money and the sell/trade for a different set and lose money. Maybe the Bias treps should be an option...

When I built mine I was going to run a 40" LTB. However they were no where to be found in the US. SS had the SX2 so I went with that @42. I saw a set of 40" LTB's this weekend and am thinking about them for my next tire. I've seen some q78's in the LTB claw there way up middle rock garden in Harlan. They are on the list for me as an alternative to the crazy expensive sticky tires.

Yeah I'm pretty well decided on LTB's, I really haven't done anything to this thing all summer...and because of that I wasted the warm months I am forced to insulate my garage...

image_zpsfrjymkut.jpeg

One beer worth of work...

image_zpsyczazesm.jpeg

Bonus points for whoever knows what is leaning against the window in the second picture...

Going with your clue and the little ring about a third of the way down from the top, I'm guessing some sort of jackhammer attachment. I've used smaller hammers with attachments around 2ft long. That would be one big mug though.

Yeah, I've been really busy and haven't worked on this thing in months...but I plan on getting out to the garage today. Like I said in the first post...this will take years.

You done yet? ;) What rims will you run with the 40 LTB? I'm hoping to swap to them soon.

Back