• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Comanche Build(AKA the POS Jeep)

They have had garbage fitment for years. i talked to him after having to mod mine some thing like 4 years ago. Good luck getting things changed.

JD over at www.offroadarmor.net cuts them now and has a far better fitting product.

would you buy them again if they were changed? I'm on the fence whether to get them or not. hopefullly they fit better

Yeah I would buy them again if they were cut different. Definitely would save time. I would have been better off making my own, though.

i bought and installed a set of those stiffeners. the fitment was garbage. i worked with the company on how to change them so hopefully they updated the laser program.

My fronts fit pretty well actually. Once I got to the under cab portion, that's when things went south lol.
215121172ce04666409aacf0904b08e9.jpg

I was in Hawai'i for the last two weeks and now it's back to reality...ordered a Model 32 from JD2 today with a 180° 1.75" 5.5" radius die today. 2-3 week estimated delivery time on it sucks but ohh well...no actual updates.

Estimated delivery is Thursday so I'm going to try getting the axles to bare tube before then. Cleaned up the garage a little bit and made a list...I think I need a bigger white board, let me know if I am forgetting something.

image_zpszrdjwuup.jpeg

Half the order from JD2 showed up, bender should be here this week.
20160512_211240_zpsdgrezugq.jpg

Started on the front bumper by cutting out the stock "crossmember".
20160514_150823_zpszjbofnbx.jpg

2x5" 1/8" as the base.
20160514_162519_zpsienoqkcj.jpg

Planned cuts for the winch to sit back in.
20160514_163159_zps840ml91v.jpg

Cut and ready for winch plate.
20160514_171551_zps6hniur1r.jpg

1/4" winch plate tacked in my mock up.
20160514_183035_zps8higyzzl.jpg

Winch on there to check clearances. The winch is 2" from the radiator, roughly 4-5" further back than previously.
20160514_172050_zps4hkyuw6s.jpg

20160514_183416_zpsfudpeby2.jpg

20160514_184121_zpsr1cksxtw.jpg

Mocking up what I'm wanting for rest of the bumper...bottom plates will be 1/4", tops and gussets will be 1/8".
20160514_195634_zpsnfonemkf.jpg

Been out of the country for work for the last month or so, so the Comanche has been neglected again.

Ordered my Ballistic D60 shave kit today, we will see how their service is I guess. Did a little cutting on the front axle... In4ride wasn't joking when he was talking about cleaning these things.

Started with chopping off the bushings to gain more room for the cutting tools...I don't have a porta-band so everything was done with an angle grinder and sawzall.
image_zpscq2lee1g.jpeg

Two .250" pieces together...pain in the....
image_zpsowbaebtc.jpeg

For the doubters.
image_zpsyjiizzfj.jpeg

Ate up one cutting wheel and Z'd two sawzall blades...don't know how I'm going to get the ring between the knuckle and the housing cut off...but here is how it sits now, it's a crap job so I needed a break.
image_zps8gsmfz37.jpeg

In other news, I am trying to decide which route I want to go with the rear. Thinking about sticking with leafs for the time being while I save some funds for what I want...I am going to go with a cantilevered shock on trailing arms eventually. It's stupid, I know but it will be fun to do, so I'm going to. Just can't decide if I want to do that right away or spend money in other areas first so I can get it out of the garage next year...

Shave kit won't be here until Monday, 3-link kit and dif cover won't be here until Tuesday...guess I only get to do more cutting this weekend...in better news, my garage is now 220v capable.

So I didn't get anything done to my turd this weekend because this happened instead:
image_zpsbpmfsmue.jpeg

image_zps3diutiuo.jpeg

But the goods arrived:
IMG_7210_zpsptcwjs54.jpg

Thanks to Brianho for the excellent price and fast shipping...and believe it or not Ballistic's service was top notch aswell...

Barnes is awesome. I usually get my stuff from them in a day or two since I'm in South Carolina... Looks like some front stiffeners.

What does your hoist /chain fall hook into in the overhead of your garage?

I'm looking for ideas to tie into my garage overhead, but don't want to tear my house down :shiver:

What does your hoist /chain fall hook into in the overhead of your garage?

I'm looking for ideas to tie into my garage overhead, but don't want to tear my house down :shiver:

Your best bet would be to glue and screw a couple 2x12's together and then get it up into the ceiling like you would if you were trying to take out a load bearing wall.

So I didn't get anything accomplished again today...been busy with my buddies Jeep instead of mine.

Cleaned a little bit more off of the SD D60. Pretty much just a butt shot for those that will enjoy it.
image000000_zpsqc1w4gpa.jpg

Made some mid body frame stiffeners to compliment the HDOffroad fronts that we put on last weekend...
image000001_zpssz3g5yg6.jpg

image_zps8kdfi93j.jpeg

image000004_zps9jqmioow.jpg

image_zpss9yqasu3.jpeg

Back