• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have a summer sunday car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Just started getting the itch to re-register the Camaro for the summer, only problem is its still only january! Anyone else having this problem? What kind of sports cars do you have? (bored at work lol)

Got a '91 Miata w/ a tuned suspension. Might not look like much, but that little bastard will hold the road. Don't even THINK about going off the pavement though... hee hee

I have a '67 fastback mustang with a 390, but I don't drive it. It's an investment only. :D (and the value has doubled since I bought it a few years ago!)

My summer vehicle is my boat...a '72 Glastron. Just like the one used in the boat chase in "live and let die".

when the rain and cold stop its 2 wheels here, no cages for us unless were haulin gear or horses. even at that were lucky in kali, we can ride most all year.

ZmOz said:
I have a '67 fastback mustang with a 390, but I don't drive it. It's an investment only. :D (and the value has doubled since I bought it a few years ago!)

My summer vehicle is my boat...a '72 Glastron. Just like the one used in the boat chase in "live and let die".

Is that a CV-160? I think it was made by Carlson for Glastron. Knew somebody that put a Evinrude 115 on one (when they came out the 85 and 115 were visually the same) with an 85 cover, that thing would fly.

Oh yeah, used to have a '72 MGB but it wasn't getting out near often enough so I sold it a couple years ago.

Cayuse said:
Is that a CV-160? I think it was made by Carlson for Glastron. Knew somebody that put a Evinrude 115 on one (when they came out the 85 and 115 were visually the same) with an 85 cover, that thing would fly.

CV-16...yep, made by Carlson. Mine's got a 150hp inline 6 Mercury...and yes, it flys. :D

ZmOz said:
CV-16...yep, made by Carlson. Mine's got a 150hp inline 6 Mercury...and yes, it flys. :D

My bad, the boat used in Live and Let Die wasn't a CV-16, per Glastron's website

Glastron literature identifies the Live and Let
Die boat as a GT150 with a Evinrude Starflite 135hp engine.The year was 1973.
Interesting to note is that the '73 catalog lists the max hp of the GT150 at 90hp. The
GT150 is best distinguished from the CV-16 and GT160 by the transoms. The CV-16& GT150 have a spoiler type transom while the GT150 has the opposite slant at the top of the transom. In the famous picture with the cop pointing the gun, you can see the only modifications to the hull: two small black
rails that kept the boat level side to side on the ramp. The only other main modification was the central mounting of the steering wheel and a single centrally mounted seat for balance. The jump was performed over 100 times to get everything right before the actual take. Glastron built and sold 26 boats to the film company for the film.

Last edited:
ZmOz said:

Mom and Dad let you have your own boat? Or did you really mean "theirs" instead of "Mine"? Just curious.

will have this summer brother and I 1929 mercedes replica, 2200 pounds and a 98 mustang 3.8 V6 open top

Glenn said:
Mom and Dad let you have your own boat? Or did you really mean "theirs" instead of "Mine"? Just curious.

I mean MY boat that I paid for that's parked outside MY house that I pay for. :rolleyes:

Hmmm...
Jeep xj
Jeep mj
honda civic with sun roof
Gary Fisher Mountain Bike

I'd say summer is the mj with the bike in back.
I had a 1969 Ford f150 with a 352 windser and 400 turbo tranny, in dash choke. It was fun until it was wrecked.

ZmOz said:
I mean MY boat that I paid for that's parked outside MY house that I pay for. :rolleyes:

But in the movie they used a different boat and the engine size caps at 90 (for the boat in the movie) or 120 for the CV-16 so why don't you ask dad which it is?

My Summer ride:

1984 Yamaha FJ1100.

My other summer ride is supposed to be my Daily driver. My Jeep is supposed to be for emergency use, 4 wheeling, and snow. 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V with a bunch of aftermarket parts. Since it is paid off, my wife and I are trying to talk myself into selling this one and getting a less expensive and pay off some debt.

Cayuse said:
But in the movie they used a different boat and the engine size caps at 90 (for the boat in the movie) or 120 for the CV-16 so why don't you ask dad which it is?

Yes, they used a modified GT-150 in the movie; the only difference between that and my CV-16 is that it's a foot shorter and the windshield supports are a bit different. The transom is exactly the same. The link you posted for "glastron's website" is NOT an official glastron website. Yes, my boat is rated for a max of 120hp, but I have 150hp on there, and that's what has been there since 1972.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back